Yes another 1, err 365 that is "Still going... sort of"

hope you all feel better soon(y)

Great dog shots there. Lovely dog too!

Keep us posted mate.

Thanks guys, well he seems to be ok today he's been wanting to eat everything in sight and no sign of him being sick. I had to work today that was a big mistake felt like crap when I went to work and feel even worse now so I've booked a day off for tomorrow to give me a chance to recover damn flu is horrible.

Anyway here's todays shot, this is where I spend a lot of my free time in the evenings if you look closely you may be able to see me, not the back of my head ;).

3201810303_c469e546c8_o.jpg

Sean

What's that black thing next to the computer? LMAO!

What black thing.. you mean my laptop? :LOL:

Hope you're both feeling better soon :)

Thanks Chilli me too mate.

Glad to see Charlie's on the mend, here's hoping you are too. No snotty pics for today's 365 though! :LOL:

Thanks Marc seems Charlies still not quite right, though much better than he was, he's eating but still throwing up a little but not very often though, mainly just bile not bringing his food up, seems happy enough himself though if it doesn't stop by Monday he's going to the vets. This man flu is really getting me down though 4 days now and I still feel no better.

Last edited:
Anyway here's today's shot not much motivation at the minute as you can imagine so another photo of Charlie took this morning while out for his walk. I like this shot not to sure why though.

3204084495_09b9ee1c33_o.jpg

Sean

I like it too Sean. Charlie certainly look happier there.(y) Here's hoping for a good recovery.........for both of you.

he looks very relaxed there

Thanks guys (y)

Well I'm feeling a little better today, think Charlie is too he wolfed his dinner down this morning and had a good run about. Im at my parent's house at the minute so hoping he hasn't threw up when I get back he seemed well this morning.

Well I had planned to do some portraits of my niece for today's, using my 2 head studio flash kit that I got for Christmas off my parents which hasn't been out of the box yet, it's been at my parents house since I got it as I wanted to do some family portraits with it, just never had the chance yet and today my niece went out to the cinema so that went out the window. Hopefully next Sunday as the Sunday after my sister, brother in law and niece are off to Australia for 3 weeks (Lucky gits).

Had a few shots from this mornings walk with charlie so they will have to do.

#1 I liked the sky in this one
3207267392_579d6009c3_o.jpg

#2 & #3 Best shot's of plane's in Flight I have taken not great but I'm reasonably happy with them considering the airport is about 6 miles away from where I was. Wish I was on one of them don't care where they are going :LOL: just somewhere different to shoot.

3207267494_d6f23c5533_o.jpg

3206422127_a9ba7239b7_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Good effort, is that the canon 100-400?
Looks to be a good lens that one.

Thanks Cyclone, yes they were shot with the 100-400, I was hoping for some bird/swan/duck shots this morning but most of them seem to have dissapeared did get a few bird shots not sure what they were little tiny things but all of them were in bare trees no leaves but loads of thin branches surrounding them, did get one that I would have been happy if I was any good at cloning.

Hard to believe the sky went from what you see in the first shot to whats in the second shot in the space of 25 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks Chill, still need to shoot today's lol no idea what it's going to be yet probably out with the camera and tripod when I walk the dog later.

Sean

A few from tonight's walk just stuff that looked sort of interesting.

#1 This is a bit of unused land behind a construction company's office's I think the little archway on the left is part of the remains of the old railway station that used to be here (no trains run here at all now) the path I walk the dog along that i posted earlier used to be railway lines many years ago mainly used for carrying coal but did also have passengers.

3211187412_b3284b32b8_o.jpg

#2 I have been meaning to try this shot for a while don't think it quite worked as I expected though think the starburst off the lights spoil it (really need to get a polarizer that will fit this lens) Was actually going to try to get the light trails off a car but the first thing that turned up was a bus, got a car one after this but I prefered this.

3211186834_82a91cb89d_o.jpg

#3 The roadstone plant down on the industrial estate again I think spoilt a little by the starbursts.

3211187114_881b76ac86_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sean

Thanks Marc I think the star effects are a bit too mch but I don't have a polariser that will fit this lens at the moment.

Well I thought it was about time I let you guys see my ugly mug, Im still feeling like crap and pretty tired but I dont look much better normally :LOL:.

This is my first attempt at a self portrait made a bit more difficult by not having a battery in my shutter remote so I could't use autofocus took a bit of trial and error, my studio flashes are still at my parent's house so had to make do with 2 speedlights, a canon 430ex on camera and a Nikon SB800 fired optically behind me to bleach the wall I couldn't quite get it to cover the full wall so you may notice a little dodgy cloning at the top of the white.

I take no responsibility and will not reimburse you for the food you have ate tonight ;)

3214003168_07f427100f_o.jpg

Sean

Last edited:
Thanks Marc it is something I'd like to try more of, portraits and people shots that is can't find any willing victims though only my neice but I only see her once a week for a few hours.

Sean, I find a bit of careful work with the dodge tool works well on a white BG. It's pretty easy to remove the stray pink / yellow bits. If you set it to highlights with a low value it doesn't matter if you catch something you don't want lighter, it tends to leave those alone.

I'd like to see a shot revisited when you have your studio lights (y)

Thanks Dell watch this space ;)

Sean, I find a bit of careful work with the dodge tool works well on a white BG. It's pretty easy to remove the stray pink / yellow bits. If you set it to highlights with a low value it doesn't matter if you catch something you don't want lighter, it tends to leave those alone.

Cheers Cycone Im not sure where the yellow has come from there was nothing yellow behind me lol, doing the editing on my laptop and it all looks white seen the pic on my iphone today and the yellow bits show loads rather strange, I'll give that ago on the next white background shot I try thanks mate (y)

Good shots here Sean (I'm just catching up). I like the night shots, especially the bus one. :)

Cheers Dave going to try that one again sometime quite liked it but I think it could be improved upon with a slight change in composition.

really like the night shots, i quite like the starburst effects

Thanks Liss :)

Sean

Well sorry about this but due to unforseen circumstances I have to inflict another shot of me on you this time sitting in my favourite chair yes thats right in front of the computer's.

3215689025_a7017649b9_o.jpg

Sean

Looks like the SP's have scared people away :LOL:. no replys for yesterdays :thinking:

Heres today's don't worry Im not in any of them, done a very rare thing tonight took the dog out and kept walking until I got to the motorway it's a fairly long walk and a lot of it is in pitch darkness, anyway got some nice light trails and a cracking view of gateshead over the other side of the river which doesn't seem to transfer well as a photo looks great when your there though.
I also walked down to the business park on the way back to take a shot of the entrance road which I think looks quite nice.

#1 The A1 Southbound
3218012215_524ec3beff_o.jpg

#2 The A1 Northbound
3218863386_0a2a9740fd_o.jpg

#3 View of Gateshead
3218863508_6a4d6050fe_o.jpg

#4 The entrance road to Newburn Riverside Business Park
3218012693_13b0a33bfa_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sean

Sorry no comments yesterday. Nearly none tonight either, my orange livebox is playing up!
What did you do to upset the mac?
More good night shots tonight, trail no.2 probably my favourite.

Sorry no comments yesterday. Nearly none tonight either, my orange livebox is playing up!
What did you do to upset the mac?
More good night shots tonight, trail no.2 probably my favourite.

No problems mate, USB Overcurrent error been doing it for ages seems to be the usb port on the right side of the keyboard, says something is drawing to much power from it even though theres nothing plugged in, then disables it. Bit strange can't figure out whats causing it.

Thanks mate night stuff is pretty much all i get time to do on work days as its dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home, roll on the light nights, anyway day off tomorrow so hoping for something a bit brighter.

Sean

Mine had the same problem after somebody here spilled a cup of tea over the keyboard.

Sean, just catching up on these last few days of peoples shots (been browsing on my phone and its a right royal pain to type replies on!) :)

I particularly like the last of yesterdays shots, it give a nice feeling of desolation / desertion :)

Chris

Sorry Sean, must have missed yesterday's shot. Not a bad SP but would have liked to see more light from the monitor. Some really good light trails from tonight. (y)

No problem Marc I did try to get more light from the monitor but couldn't quite get it to work, thanks ;)

Sean, just catching up on these last few days of peoples shots (been browsing on my phone and its a right royal pain to type replies on!) :)

I particularly like the last of yesterdays shots, it give a nice feeling of desolation / desertion :)

Chris

Cheers Chris, I sometimes browse on my Iphone at lunchtime at work i isn't to bad for typing on but lack of time usually stops me.

Had a little sunshine today was still bloody cold though, didn't manage to get out and about anywhere except for an hour and a half with the dog. Wanted to get some bird shots nothing interesting unfortunatly, shooting birds is a pain in backside with a dog that likes to chase after most things that move.

Anyway heres the best of a bad bunch. Need more practice, and if anyone can I.D them it would be appreciated.

3220159739_a9b0b65622_o.jpg

#2 There must have been about 100 of these things flying around over the river.
3220159553_58716ef2cb_o.jpg

#3 The obligitary dog shot ;)
3221010434_cf497a9dc3_o.jpg

#4 Uncropped version of shot 2.
3221010246_7e4e9a1be5_o.jpg

Sean

Im a lot better thanks for asking mate still a feeling a bit rough but much better than I was.

Back