A Pink Clover Flower

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
Would really welcome your thoughts on this one (y) Good and bad - Happy to accept it all!

3608438176_d37cff1134_o.jpg

Um
Not to sure on this one to be honest:shrug:
it doesn't quite work yet i am unsure why:thinking:
I like the DOF and the colours but something just does not work for me, I find the spiky bit to the left a bit distracting.

I think the shape throws me as well, seems to be missing something on the left of you get my drift.

Just my opinion of course(y)

No worries Sara

Can't quite put my finger on it, its got the right colours and lovely and sharp where it should be, they are beautiful flowers though(y)

A little too large aperture maybe? I think because there is only one thing to look at in the picture it deserves more of it to be in focus. Perhaps a lower angle to show more of the shape etc.

Very nice, works a lot for me, love the DOF.

It sure does have a dreamy feal, the only thing for me is that storky looking thing to the left..

Cheers Mark and John. I was tempted to clone out the stalk - May have a go at it later.

Love the differences in peoples likes and dislikes!

Mixed feelings and can't quite put my finger on it.

I think it's becaus the flower is incomplete and the dof exacerbates this.

Is that a fly in the left hand corner? If so, focus on that may have transformed the shot.

I think the shape of the flower lets this down as it seems to make the shot off balance, as has been pointed out the blurred object to the bottom left needs to be cloned out. I would also try and crop the image and maybe make it portrait rather than landscape.

The colours are outstanding so is worth the attempt. A nice abstract (y)

Paul

Mixed feelings and can't quite put my finger on it.

I think it's becaus the flower is incomplete and the dof exacerbates this.

Is that a fly in the left hand corner? If so, focus on that may have transformed the shot.

Thanks Andy - Don't think there's a fly anywhere, not that I can see anyways! Flower is complete, but an odd shape - Note to self to find better specimens!! :)

I think the shape of the flower lets this down as it seems to make the shot off balance, as has been pointed out the blurred object to the bottom left needs to be cloned out. I would also try and crop the image and maybe make it portrait rather than landscape.

The colours are outstanding so is worth the attempt. A nice abstract (y)

Paul

Cheers Paul - Will have a play with cropping and cloning (y)

I like it. I love the look of an ultra-shallow depth of field.

Thanks Alex - Glad you like it (y)

:agree:

Works nicely for me Sara.

Cheers Tom - Appreciate your comment (y)

For me, it doesn't work too well because the flower "appears" incomplete and possibly not the best specimen for a single flower shot.... and the bit of stalk (or similar, can't quite determine what it is) at approx o'clock to the flower is very distracting (y)

The only thing wrong with this is
A: the composition should be cropped a lot on the right hand side ad top and bottom.
B: A fraction more depth of field.
Leave the fly when cropped it will become part of the image.

Cheers Mark and John. I was tempted to clone out the stalk - May have a go at it later.

Love the differences in peoples likes and dislikes!

I'd definately get rid of the stalky thing but otherwise I like the dreamy feel and the colours are lovely.

Back