Scanography!

Name
Samuel
Edit My Images
No
I saw there wasn't a scanography thread, so I decided to make one.

For those of you who don't know what scanography is:

"Scanography, also spelled scannography more commonly referred to as scanner photography, is the process of capturing digitized images of objects for the purpose of creating printable art using a flatbed "photo" scanner" - Wiki

I gave this a try yesterday, it was... interesting :LOL:

Anyways. I would love you all to share your knowledge and pictures, and if you haven't already tried it, please do give it a go!

Heres my first try :bonk:
4132173002_69835c2a61.jpg

P.S: Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum

You sure you hadn't been to a party and fallen asleep on the scanner? :nuts: Seriously though, I've never heard of Scanography and I guess it could be fun though not much use for landscape or wildlife! I'm gonna Google it....

You sure you hadn't been to a party and fallen asleep on the scanner? :nuts: Seriously though, I've never heard of Scanography and I guess it could be fun though not much use for landscape or wildlife! I'm gonna Google it....

I was trying to go for the "I died on a scanner" look :D I had never heard of it until a few days ago, its turning out to be pretty interesting!

Tried this a while back with an orange cut in half. Interesting but just could not get the image sharp enough. looks like you got a good scan though. top stuff.

Played with the scanner (well, my old one) years ago and got some odd results - never really bothered again.

IIRC, there was a website called "catscans" or similar which was, well, cats sitting, lying, rolling on flatbed scanners.

More people than you think end up with cut buttocks after sitting on scanners - the glass is NOT that strong!!!

Here's one I did earlier.
4134275256_9731d69dba_o.jpg

:plus1:

Thinking about it, sitting on a scanner (or, at least, holding the scanner up against my ar5e!) is probably the only way I could get both my operation scars in the same picture. (Haemeroidectomy and vassectomy!)

Thinking about it, sitting on a scanner (or, at least, holding the scanner up against my ar5e!) is probably the only way I could get both my operation scars in the same picture. (Haemeroidectomy and vassectomy!)

Crikey you must have humongous balls?:)

My vasectomy scars are tiny

better than that picture of a face above!! :D

I saw there wasn't a scanography thread, so I decided to make one.

For those of you who don't know what scanography is:

"Scanography, also spelled scannography more commonly referred to as scanner photography, is the process of capturing digitized images of objects for the purpose of creating printable art using a flatbed "photo" scanner" - Wiki

I gave this a try yesterday, it was... interesting :LOL:

Anyways. I would love you all to share your knowledge and pictures, and if you haven't already tried it, please do give it a go!

Heres my first try :bonk:
4132173002_69835c2a61.jpg

P.S: Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum

what speed and aperture were you using
bloody good portait...erm cameo
wasnt sore was it

i did the same with my hand and other things until i got a digital camera

what speed and aperture were you using
bloody good portait...erm cameo
wasnt sore was it

i did the same with my hand and other things until i got a digital camera

It was scanned on an epson 4490 at 600DPI through the photoshop import thing, no idea on the speed but it was pretty slow. Wasn't sore at all. I hardly use the scanner, but im going to start a bit more methinks :D

I used to do some of these. Good with leaves

scan0004-1.jpg

and fruit

scan0003.jpg

Scanography backgrounds: get an ice cream tub and paint the inside with emulsion in a colour of your choice, put it over the object your scanning.

We've been doing it for years with metal detecting finds, it's easier than getting the macro gear out!

i would say what does an eye look like but the scanner would proberbly be the last thing they see if tried. I've never heared of it but at a old work party the usual but shots was taken, until one of the larger lads cracked the glass so we all left before getting busted ;)

I saw something like this in a booka couple of years ago, someone had attached a lens to a small flatbed scanner and got it working as a camera. It made some very weird and quite brilliantly interesting images. I've kept my old scanner but have never got round to working out how to put one together. I guess that's why someone had their own book published and I work in asbestos...!

It was scanned on an epson 4490 at 600DPI through the photoshop import thing, no idea on the speed but it was pretty slow. Wasn't sore at all. I hardly use the scanner, but im going to start a bit more methinks :D

scan on macduff...the rps might some day have a section for sectioned photographers :D

dont let the light rays do your skin any damage

i have an epson cx3200...but it doesnt have raw or image stabilisation..

cheers(y)

I was so hoping this would be a thread about using a scanner to take high res images with a lens. Simplest way to achieve this is to use the scanner on a large format camera, in place of film. Of course, it's never simple, or else I'd have tried it by now.

I was so hoping this would be a thread about using a scanner to take high res images with a lens. Simplest way to achieve this is to use the scanner on a large format camera, in place of film. Of course, it's never simple, or else I'd have tried it by now.

have seen some fab images done on a scanner.. mine is garbage so no hope of getting anything decent on it!

just coming to the end of my OU course, one of the activities was to use a scanner to create an image.. no time, no enthusiasm resulted in the cat getting plonked on, not something i'd normally try.. nor likely to do again tbh :|

lol that scanner is just a bit scratched

thats cat hairs and assorted debris from various things I tried beforehand.. its hardly been used really :)

dont know how some get a really white background on theirs, I got gloomy grey lines!..

Good thread (y)

I use my scanner lots for experimenting, its produces wonderful light. I love the cats feet! Here are my most recent ones;:)

3975546228_4e70f21b41.jpg

3974783465_8b3b01fe65.jpg

3975545770_45758c4e51.jpg

Good thread (y)

I use my scanner lots for experimenting, its produces wonderful light. I love the cats feet! Here are my most recent ones;:)

3975546228_4e70f21b41.jpg

3974783465_8b3b01fe65.jpg

3975545770_45758c4e51.jpg

now we are getting somewhere

I find Nautilus shells make for a good scanned image

img004800x.jpg

The cats feet look good.

this is getting interesting
what dpi are those scans

Back