Arran, from Irvine harbour today. C+C appreciated :)

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Down the harbour today after some bird piccies but Arran looked so beautiful that I had to grab a couple of pics. Here's my fave out of them after processing.
Probably best viewed large so I've made the image a clicky link to larger version. (y)
I don't do a lot of landscape shots so any and all comments would be much appreciated to help me improve in the future.

Click for larger.

Tommy.

Last edited:
I love it, only thing is I wanna know whats in the foreground. If its boring then fair enough leave it as is.

Thanks for taking the time comment guys, the foreground closer to me is just more of the same to be honest I was standing on the harbour wall to take this to get above the railings. If I can get another day with similar conditions to today I'll try and look out for another spot with maybe something of interest in the mid distance or foreground though. :)

Oh just had a thought wouldn't having a strong foreground interest take away from the main subject?, like I said I don't know much about landscape shots but always happy to learn.

Tommy.

I think the image is stunning and it's strength lies in the panoramic sweep of the snow covered hills. You could maybe crop to just above the waveline and it would put more emphasis onto the main subject. Personally I wouldn't include anything in the foreground. It's a dramatic image and doesn't need it. Superb photograph.

:agree:

The hills, clouds, and the merging of the two, stand out on there own.

I think the image is stunning and it's strength lies in the panoramic sweep of the snow covered hills. You could maybe crop to just above the waveline and it would put more emphasis onto the main subject. Personally I wouldn't include anything in the foreground. It's a dramatic image and doesn't need it. Superb photograph.

:agree:

The hills, clouds, and the merging of the two, stand out on there own.

Thanks both. (y)

Tommy.

The snowy mountains and the sky look very dramatic, and the pano view works well.

I like it. Not too bothered about the lack of foreground interest, as it's the mountains that really catch the eye.

I would say looking at the larger picture that the mountains look nice and sharp but the fore and middle ground don't look that great. f8 might not have been small enough at 137mm :shrug:

Back