Pulpit Rock - Portland Bill

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Dawn raid on Portland Bill. Very cold but worthwhile. Here is one I took this morning of Pulpit Rock just after sunrise. C&C very welcome...

3.2s f/29 ISO100 @ 21mm with a 2 stop ND and 3 stop ND grad hard around the horizon.

Lovely shot Freester. Like the light on the rocks and the slight movement in the sea, but enough to give a bit of blur too (like it). I was down at Sandbanks beach in Dorset this morning and struggled due the sea being totally flat!!

Very nice in deed, I was down there last weekend but did go near this one, something to do next time, this image has inspired me to get there soon,

Great work

Thanks - give me a shout if you're down this way. I am local and within 30 minutes of all the popular coastal spots.

Lovely shot Freester. Like the light on the rocks and the slight movement in the sea, but enough to give a bit of blur too (like it). I was down at Sandbanks beach in Dorset this morning and struggled due the sea being totally flat!!

Thanks - shame about the conditions and Poole. I got to Portland and was really pleased to see quite a tide running around the Bill - good for the longer exposure sea :)

Really nice shot, but I think the left-right balance is a bit wrong - the right looks a bit empty to my eye?

Nice shot though (y)

Thanks - fair comment about the empty space.

Very nice.(y)

We get down that way fairly often. Wish we went there this morning but JollyJack made me go to Bognor Regis:D

:LOL: Thanks. Fair compromise eh?

Love the warm tones where the sun is catching the outcrop. Just a shame that there isn't more of that in the frame.

I like the composition, maybe the rock could have wrapped the frame a touch more? You probably would have needed a to get a bit lower to do this.

Great shot. Amazing bit of coastline that!

Love the warm tones where the sun is catching the outcrop. Just a shame that there isn't more of that in the frame.

I like the composition, maybe the rock could have wrapped the frame a touch more? You probably would have needed a to get a bit lower to do this.

Thanks - do you mean get lower to 'raise' Pulpit Rock a bit more towards the top of the image?

Great shot. Amazing bit of coastline that!

Thanks

very nice shot! I like the sun hitting on the rock (y)

I was there few weeks ago but couldn't get a shot of it as the waves were too big and there was too much spray :razz:

I've been watching your photostream on Flickr. You've got some cool stuff there. I like this one - I dont mind the balance at all. Looks like a super location which I'll have to pop over to in the near future.

Back