Dougie's 52 - Week 7 - people

Name
douglas
Edit My Images
Yes
So I though i would give this a try even if i am a bit late in starting!
I really wanted to do a 365 but i don't have enough time for that and a 52 will be more than challenging enough for me.
I hope to get better at photography and be able to take more creative pictures through doing this and hopefully you will be able to see my progress through out the year!
My rules
I will try to post a picture up every week on time (I may have to post it up late if i am on holiday or similar)
I will try to Keep up with everyone else's 52's But there are so many it might be hard
I will try to improve each week with the help of the Constructive criticism from you guys

WEEKS

WEEK 1

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

WEEK 5

WEEK 6

WEEK 7

Last edited:
So I actually struggled to get a pic for this theme :bonk:
I haven't been out the house much because of the snow. and I couldnt find anything that would fit the theme (maybe i just didn't look hard enough)
Yesterday was my first time out in a while and i was trying to take a picture with the theme of curved and I didnt have much luck But here it is i think it does kind of fit in with the theme of curved

IMG_3040.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't exactly tell the story of 'Curved' to me, but that doesn't matter because I very much like everything else about your photo. Especially the contrast between smooth, almost silky water, and the airy sky. Great colours!

It doesn't exactly tell the story of 'Curved' to me, but that doesn't matter because I very much like everything else about your photo. Especially the contrast between smooth, almost silky water, and the airy sky. Great colours!
Yeah sorry about that i was finding it hard to show the theme :( I will try harder in the next theme :crying:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yes it is a bit tenuous with regards to the theme!

I don't really mind though because I think it's a lovely shot.
Beautiful sky and nice colours reflected in the water. I really like the boat in the lower part of the frame too. Gives the shot some context (but still not very curvy :p)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yes it is a bit tenuous with regards to the theme!

I don't really mind though because I think it's a lovely shot.
Beautiful sky and nice colours reflected in the water. I really like the boat in the lower part of the frame too. Gives the shot some context (but still not very curvy :p)
Thanks this is my first time doing anything like this and usually i don't have to take a picture with a certain theme so its quite weird for me but next weeks will hopefully be better

So my picture for week one wasn't really curvy so i am going to change it if that's aloud hopefully this is a better choice. I am trying to think of an idea for week 2 right now but i can tell its not going to be easy
4262692814_b484e22024.jpg

Last edited:
Anythings allowed :) and as much as I like the first shot for the colours the 2nd for me is spot in theme and well framed! The curved line of floats takes your eye nicely into the image :) very good!

Your second shot fits the theme very nicely (y).

The first one doesn't suit so well but the colours are lovely. I also took that identical sunset, but from the Lake of Menteith. It was fantastic, wasn't it. :)

this weeks theme is Poem I could not find much inspiration for this theme but i found this poem and it gave me the idea to take this photo (I might end up changing this :thinking:)
January
PhotoMatix1of1.jpg

January
Now is here --
A fine new start
For a whole new year.
The snow comes down
In the dark of night.
When we awake
The world is white.
In January
When there's snow,
We get our sleds
And away we go.

Hey :)
Love the first shot you did for curved - that's right up my alley - if not very curved :LOL: The second one fits the theme much, much better though.

As for poem, like it - like the viewpoint and I like the lighting - but I can't tell if the blur is deliberate or not?

Nice shots so far though (y)

I like the poem, I like the concept,I like the composition too - I just would like more contrast :)

Hey :)
Love the first shot you did for curved - that's right up my alley - if not very curved :LOL: The second one fits the theme much, much better though.

As for poem, like it - like the viewpoint and I like the lighting - but I can't tell if the blur is deliberate or not?

Nice shots so far though (y)

Thanks I did want the blur but i don't think it worked out as i wanted:thinking:

Week 1: Prefer the first pictorially although the second is more on topic but has such a high dynamic range that the sensor can't cope with them all!

Week 2: A little too flat for my taste (and I don't mean physically)!

Agree with 'Dark Star' I think it could do with a slight increase in contrast. The poem is quite approprate for the weather also :)

week 1 - 2nd shot for me lovely colours and contrast
week 2 - Pic works well with the poem and the current climate, an all round top job.

(subscribed)

Week 1.... The second is a little more in keeping with the theme but both are very nice.

Week 2.... Well worked combination, just enough blur.

(y)

Thank you Rob Are you doing a 52?

You're more than welcome, sorry I couldn't be a little more insightful with my crit but I'm nothing more than a rank amateur.

Aye, having a stab at the 52 myself (y)

I wasn't sure at first if I liked your "poetry" entry as I found the softness a bit disturbing at first - but it grows on me more and more. (y)

Btw you can see my matching sunset from the Lake of Menteith here - taken standing on the ice in the middle!

I loved the colours in your first 'Curved' shot, but agree about the 2nd fitting the theme more.

Like the concept and poem for your Week 2, but have to admit that it's a little too dark and soft for me - but that could just be my eyes :LOL: !!

Well I thought the first shot had some nice curves to it. The boat is curvy, the ripples on teh water are curvy, the hillside was curvy, the clouds were curvy... :D

But anyway, second one has a nice solid curve so problem solved.

I like the poetry idea, I'd prefer it to be a nats brighter/exposed but the composition is just right for me.

I agree, shot 1 had some good curved areas... Again, (sorry Squawk, I'm not copying)... second is very clear and I like the colours of the floats with the snow on top. Well done.

The Poem works well with the image, well done, maybe a little lighter and a little more contrast...

Only C&C I have is please dont do something similar to what I had thought :LOL: :) now i gotta re think!!

(y) good stuff!!

A very nice image, the only comment is the DOF. Perhaps close down the aperture to get more in focus.

Allan

It was the shallow DOF that I liked about it :) Lol marmite shot???

1. Your second curved shot is lovely.

2. The poetry shot would appear to upside down?

3. Simple. I quite like the fact the blade is straight and you look down it's length. Bit of an odd crop, but I am guessing there's something a bit odd at the back as I can see a darker band. I think I'd have preferred to see more focus on the slices and perhaps some detail in the flesh though.

1. Your second curved shot is lovely.
Thank you (y)

2. The poetry shot would appear to upside down?
Yeah it is for some weird reason i couldn't get the shot too look right round the right way :shrug:

3. Simple. I quite like the fact the blade is straight and you look down it's length. Bit of an odd crop, but I am guessing there's something a bit odd at the back as I can see a darker band. I think I'd have preferred to see more focus on the slices and perhaps some detail in the flesh though.
I think i messed up the focusing I don't really know what i done To be honest:thinking:

Last edited:
Back