Two... my first ever macro

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a Tamron 90mm Di and what a great lens! Still getting to grips with it but I just had to get an image on here... so here it is, my first ever macro shot... "Two"... hope you like it...

Oh I tried a similar one tonight with similar crop - we have same len's - yours is better ... note to self must try harder :) Really like it.

Interesting shot of a boring subject!
Captured this very well, and the lighting is spot on.

Hope this is the first of many with your new lens :)

Good Shot Darren

I'd like to see that as a set with the other coins - I can imagine it would look fantastic

Thanks for the comments :D

I only got the lens yesterday so I'm still learning... I can't believe how shallow the depth of field is :eek:

I'm going to collect the set of coins that were created with the various sections of the single image on them, then I'll try putting them together to see what I can do.

Samphire, I'm shooting in aperture mode with manual focus and my sb600 off camera to the left. A bit of tweaking and cropping in photoshop and this is the end result... it certainly wasn't like this from the camera.

Hmm, extension tubes on the Tamron would work well, although I'd have to rename the shot... "T"

Have fun :D

Last edited:
Tempted to try my tubes on the lens - I have the amazon ones too :)
I have not played in photoshop a lot - I need more hours in the day or more holidays lol

Really good shot. The focus on the two is really eye catching.

I like it, really well lit and nice colours.

Thanks for the additional comments :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get out and about this weekend for some nature macro shots.

Back