Aberavon Beach

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on friday at sunset, this is a crop from a stupidly wide pano shot I did which left you wondering where to look!

450D 18-55 IS Stitched using Ptgui 1/200th

Click for larger

Increased exposure

Last edited:
very nice great stitching. mine always go wonky when i stitch, even when i use the assist on the g11

Certainly is larger when you click!

Does look better on the large view where you can see some detail but still the overall impression is a bit too dark.

Very nice... a fine photo indeed!

Certainly is larger when you click!

Does look better on the large view where you can see some detail but still the overall impression is a bit too dark.

I'll give the exposure a tweak when im at home, it does look darker than i'd like on this screen.

Thanks for all the comments.

Apart from the title/border at the top, I like this.

There is just enough FG light/reflection to hold it all together.

Nice :clap:

Just a few very minor things that I'd suggest changing if you go back: [IMO and all other such warnings...]
1) The rocks at the bottom are a bit too cropped (the shape is partially set by the black border unless I'm mistaken...)
2) If you were to move slightly further round, I think the sun would be less central in the picture (although I don't know if you'd lose the lovely curve)
3) Unless the black border is there deliberately based on comment 1, then I'd suggest you change it/remove it - I think it accentuates the darkness of the image, and makes it hard to see the edge of the rocks, which I think spoils it slightly.

That said, I really like the image, and those are but minor tweaks! (y)

It's a lovely composition, and I agree that the stitching is good. Could you try a little dodge and burn to get some detail in the foreground?

I did try lightening the rocks slightly, but I didn't like how it came out, i'll keep tinkering with that though!
Apart from the title/border at the top, I like this.
There is just enough FG light/reflection to hold it all together.
Reason for the border is given below, if I do re shoot this i'll keep in mind the foreground rocks to avoid the need to cover anything up!
Nice :clap:

Just a few very minor things that I'd suggest changing if you go back: [IMO and all other such warnings...]
1) The rocks at the bottom are a bit too cropped (the shape is partially set by the black border unless I'm mistaken...)
2) If you were to move slightly further round, I think the sun would be less central in the picture (although I don't know if you'd lose the lovely curve)
3) Unless the black border is there deliberately based on comment 1, then I'd suggest you change it/remove it - I think it accentuates the darkness of the image, and makes it hard to see the edge of the rocks, which I think spoils it slightly.

That said, I really like the image, and those are but minor tweaks! (y)

The border is there to help cover up my bad composition at the bottom of the frame, without it the curve of the image doesn't really flow.

I'll take point 2 on board if I do a similar shot there again.

Thank you all for the nice comments and suggestions/tips (y)

Back