Show me your studio!

Edit My Images
Yes
I finally have the space and time to build my home studio. I have a reasonably sized double bedroom to play with and I'd like to get an idea of what other peoples set ups look like. I've done a search but finding pictures means wading through 100's of threads.

So show me you studio set up - temporary or permanent, professional or hobbiest. :clap:

Only a small picture but can be seen here:

http://www.mhillaryphotography.co.uk/about.html

Has four strobes, white and black backgrounds. The floor is painted white MDF, grey walls. The strobes are on wall mounts. The studio is two rooms put into one. It's around 30 foot long and 10 foot wide.

This is my space, Bowensand Lencarta heads, manfrotto auto poles in place of traditional stands. vinyl backgrounds, floor is black &white tiles, walls white (for now) ceiling mid gray. Just under 10ft x 33ft with a kitchenette this near end.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

This is my space, Bowensand Lencarta heads, manfrotto auto poles in place of traditional stands. vinyl backgrounds, floor is black &white tiles, walls white (for now) ceiling mid gray. Just under 10ft x 33ft with a kitchenette this near end.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

love the studio! got any pictures you took from the studio, would like to see it :)

if you dont mind, how much did it cost for all these studio kit?

love the studio! got any pictures you took from the studio, would like to see it :)

if you dont mind, how much did it cost for all these studio kit?
Got a bit of change from 3K:crying:

Took this image a couple of weeks ago, just getting used to everything so Iknow its not perfect. Only a quick pp on it, the sat has been boosted & skin tone desat.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

SNIP[IMG][/QUOTE]

Where did you get the light poles from and do they expand or do you bolt them to the floor/ceiling they look perfect for my studio with limited sapce for the legs :).

B&H seem to be cheapest for the pole + the clamp if anyone is interested as well.

Where did you get the light poles from and do they expand or do you bolt them to the floor/ceiling they look perfect for my studio with limited sapce for the legs :).

B&H seem to be cheapest for the pole + the clamp if anyone is interested as well.

Got them from Warehouse Express. Yes they expand. If you look at the pole to the left, the height is 8ft. On the pole to the right the height is over 10ft. No they don't bolt, they have rubber cup ends and you just snuggly fit the rubber top and bottom in place then pull the lever down to lock into place This is great because you can move them round. :) Think I paid 88 each pole and £15 per super clamp. Well worth it in my opinion.

Here is mine, its more of a play studio rather than a studio to make money from but do some paid shoots from time to time. its cool because I can shoot full length with my 70-200 from the back of the studio. Looks a bit tatty in the picture but got some of my photo's to go up on the walls of some models I have shot which should brighten it up. (y)

dsc9081.jpg

Here is mine, its more of a play studio rather than a studio to make money from but do some paid shoots from time to time. its cool because I can shoot full length with my 70-200 from the back of the studio. Looks a bit tatty in the picture but got some of my photo's to go up on the walls of some models I have shot which should brighten it up. (y)

dsc9081.jpg

Now that is the sort of length I crave in my studio, will be posting some images up soon, my place is unusual to say the least!

20663_1264919675813_1614390032_665554_7272762_n.jpg

normal shooting space for personal work...

down to this eg of setup for a pr job, this was in a very small office...
25734_1291460539318_1614390032_721232_6494327_n.jpg

EdinburghGary: I know you've probably been asked this before but what are you using for the shiney white floor?

Cheers

Simon

Cheers all - some great inspiration here! I am slowly forming an idea of hwo my studio is going to look :)

and will be stealing all your good ideas!

And Gary - man I love your studio!

Sauch: High Gloss White Multi Panel, 2 sheets, Grant Westfield, www.MultiPanel.co.uk

A wee update, I have moved my Octobox to its new permanent position, it has allowed me much more space in the studio, and I no longer need to worry about over exposure when people are too close to it, or about the SIDE LIGHT I was getting. The latter, not really a massive problem, just different to what I want.

octoboxhang.jpg

It's attached to the Bannister support and it is chained to the ceiling to give additional support.

G.

I'm waiting for the inflatable or pop-up studio...cause thats the only way I'm gonna afford and have room for one.:D

A great thread, I love to see everyones studio set up
Dave

Manchester :eek:

That's a shame.......i've been on the look out for local"ish" studios for hire.

Tis an impressive set up though (y)

Its in Manchester

Dude that is bigger than my house! And it has more furniture too..:shake: Have you ever thought about organising a TP meet at your wonderful studio?? I would definitely be up for it.. ;)

I'm just in the process of moving studios, will post up pics when all moved for you all!

so for you guys who do this as a hobby once you've built the studio what do you actually do with it?

Back