A photo story in candids..

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope you enjoy this - I enjoyed photographing it today - made me smile!

All taken on 1DMkIII + 135L + 580EXII

All comments welcome...

Phil

p616038049-4.jpg

p706612127-4.jpg

p742772158-4.jpg

p915435139-4.jpg

p709238649-4.jpg

p652484780-4.jpg

Like the last 2 & the last one being the best

Thanks! I quite like the first shot in it's own right, but most of the rest form a story rather than being strong shots on their own. Glad you like the last 2!

Phil

Those are all good, but the one of the dog is excellent!

Great set. Really like No one and the pooches reflection in the wet sand.

Wow! Thanks for all the comments, guys! The lighting was lovely after a day of incessant rain & I was really pleased with the ability of the 1DMKiii to track moving subjects,

Phil

as above really .......

they're all good and I like the story , well captured

however , the least one's a belter !

As everyone else had said, the last is a cracker. Is that your dog? If it was mines I would have that image on the wall.

Wow, they are all so sharp and so well exposed with great DoF. I've was lucky enough to grow up with a spaniel in the house so know what fun they are. I like the first shot a lot, the reflection is fantastic, and the last two are great - absolutely spot-on.

I appreciate the kit had a lot to do with the stunning quality of the images but can I ask what PP was applied?

I'm hoping to get close with my 30D when I get a 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM and 430EXII, wish me luck! :)

Apologies for posting a photograph on your thread Phil, but
i thought i was seeing things for a moment, took this shot 2 weeks ago on a beach in Sunderland, look at the dog on the right

4452054266_bfc91182d0_o.jpg

excellent captures, love how you have captured the speed and action of the dog. I like nr 1 for the reflection and the last one is a cracker. The whole set tell a story very well and it made me laugh. I would like to ask a technical question, as im trying to work on exposure at the moment. What did you expose for in these images, as the sky is not blown and retains it lovely blue colour and the waves look normal as do the subjects? Thanks

Wow! Thanks for all the great comments!

Phil

excellent captures, love how you have captured the speed and action of the dog. I like nr 1 for the reflection and the last one is a cracker. The whole set tell a story very well and it made me laugh. I would like to ask a technical question, as im trying to work on exposure at the moment. What did you expose for in these images, as the sky is not blown and retains it lovely blue colour and the waves look normal as do the subjects? Thanks

Wow, they are all so sharp and so well exposed with great DoF. I've was lucky enough to grow up with a spaniel in the house so know what fun they are. I like the first shot a lot, the reflection is fantastic, and the last two are great - absolutely spot-on.

I appreciate the kit had a lot to do with the stunning quality of the images but can I ask what PP was applied?

I'm hoping to get close with my 30D when I get a 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM and 430EXII, wish me luck! :)

Hi both....

I exposed using aperture priority mode and flash in HSS mode. I didn't actually do any post-processing other than cropping and minor saturation tweaks.

The reason the shots have got such appealing colour is primarily due to the light. In addition the 1DMKIII has a super sensor & the 135L is a gorgeous lens! Also getting dogs running in focus requires a certain amount of camera technique.

HTH

Phil

Last edited:
Apologies for posting a photograph on your thread Phil, but
i thought i was seeing things for a moment, took this shot 2 weeks ago on a beach in Sunderland, look at the dog on the right

Fascinating! Exactly the same pose!!

Phil

Last edited:
brilliant pics, and gorgeous dog :)

first & last are real crackers!

Back