Zenfolio Viewing Problems

Edit My Images
Yes
Been with Zenfolio (unlimited package) just over a year and just renewed my sub. Typical of when you pay out your hard earned dosh things start to go south.

Anyone here with Zenfolio accounts noticed a slow down in photos dowloading to their browser, I've found it mainly using the slideshow function some photos staying on screen for up to 80 seconds in one case before moving onto the next photo in the slideshow. It's not just on my computer it's happeneing, other users have reported it to me on their machines as well.

Complained to tech support and carried out their test but strangely enough all was normal at the time, next day back to the problems again.

My normal download speeds range between 13 - 14 mbit on most speed tests, the speed test they send to you shows only 1.7, ok their far away but 1.7kbps on a fast broadband connection I think is unnaceptable. This is the speed test link they use http://speed-test.zenfolio.com/

Wonder if they will refund me my 50 bucks.

Frank, this happened about a year ago. They got it sorted... it was apparantly some throttling or something by some network provider on the backbone somewhere. Basically, the problem was not with Zenfolio per se, but with the network provider. It will get sorted in due course... I have experienced slowness with Smugmug and Flickr too at times.

Cheers m8, didn't know about the problem last year. I'll take back all my evil thoughts about them then :D

Well that was an enlightening experience. I've had a Zenfolio account for over 2 years and never tried the slideshow. I've just had a go for the first time via the edit mode view. One crashed pc. Black screen with a largely unresponsive mouse that needed a hard reboot. Tried it again from the visitor view. It took a minute to settle down in to a slideshow and I thought it had crashed again. When it got going, the loading was good and quick. At the end it wouldn't terminate properly and return to the web page. I forcibly killed it without a reboot though. All with IE8 and not my usual Opera.

I use Zenfolio with google chrome and Windows 7. Now and again i'll experience longer loading times whilst using the slideshow feature but not as long as the op states, sometimes 20 secs to load the picture. It seems an ongoing problem at their end that hopefully will be sorted out.

Back