Lewis (Aerial Photos this time)

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken on Friday morning. I had to skip breakfast to get out early but as I was late in the night before (see previous post) it was not as early as I should have been so light was a bit harsh.

Arnish yard. Once a boat then oil yard, now the contentious site of a wind turbine factory.
527394545_642efe8e65_o.jpg

This view reminded me of the battleship game. It is actually a Fred Olson cruise liner.
527394489_533e9f3ff5_o.jpg

This is an area where the peat was mechanically recovered (as opposed to hand-cut) and the standing water is reflecting the sunlight.
527303618_381959d735_o.jpg

The cliff at Barvas on the west coast of Lewis.
527394329_271a48ad85_o.jpg

The big atlantic. Next stop America!
527303440_aa6934f7b9_o.jpg

A little fishing bothy.
527303390_e9f48a2803_o.jpg

One day this will be all wind farm. The proposed site of Europe's biggest wind farm. Not sure this is a good thing.
527303322_3014dd9773_o.jpg

A freight carrier repositioning using it's thrusters to get onto dock while two small fishing boats return to harbour.
527303242_634429bce3_o.jpg

As always, stunning photos Gary. Shame the focus wasn't on the water instead of your feet in number 5. I love the first photo.
Interesting about the massive windfarm... I don't find wind turbines particularily ugly, and I'd much rather see them than a huge coal-fired power station, but it really will change that landscape forever.

Always a pleasure to see your inflight shots Gary..

Another great series.(y)

Shame the focus wasn't on the water instead of your feet in number 5.
I have one of those :D
IMG_0070.jpg

Actually thought that the out of focus was a better interpretation of the distance when thinking about the size of the Atlantic.

Interesting about the massive windfarm... I don't find wind turbines particularily ugly, and I'd much rather see them than a huge coal-fired power station, but it really will change that landscape forever.
There is more than just turbines to this story. Scotland does not need the power - it is for ENGLAND! As well as the wind farm we need a whole new power grid with monster pylons to carry it south. It is this I object to.

I see you put you foot in it again Gary ( Sorry couldn't let that pass :D )
1 & 2 for me (y) and yes I can see what you mean about a game of battle ships

Wow. I've really got to get a lift on one of those things one day. Looks awesome :D

I am so envious of your local scenery.

great stuff :)

Great Shots again , I just love looking at them....

Pic #6........That is a remote cottage......how the hell do you move in your furniture ?:)

Back