Johnny Depp Visits a Greenwich School

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
No
I had a great day at work today, I work in a school in Greenwich and we had Johnny Depp come and visit all the kids during a school assembly. He has been filming the new Pirates of the Caribbean film up the road and one of our kids had wrote a letter to Captain Jack about how our kids want to mutiny and join his crew. This had tickled his fancy and he wanted to meet the little girl that had written the letter. He came in character as Captain Jack Sparrow, with more security than I need when I go and cash my wages.

I have got to say, “he seemed a very down to earth, genuine good chap” he didn’t have to come. He or the filming company didn’t court any publicity at all. He spoke to all those who got to say hello to him, and seemed to enjoy himself. All the kids got to sing our “pirate song” to him and 6 of the cast members, who in turn then broke into some pirates “jig” to the whole school.

P.S. I took a few good photos of the goings on and some were used on London Tonight TV News, videoed from my computer screen. Some were even in focus this time!!!!:cool: See Here

That must have been such a thrill for everyone at the school, especially the one that sent the letter ...

Drove between the Maritime Museum and Greenwich University last week and wondered what they were filming there.

That's really good of him. She looked well chuffed.

nice one (y) thats really good for him to do that, I'm dead impressed. Excellent actor too :)

Ha, thats excellent

I love it when the little girl says "I sail" the reporter then laughs and she says "I do".

What a genuinely nice story - and as others have said, it wasn't a PR stunt.

Well done Mr Depp!

depp seems to shy away from the public eye as much as he can, it dosnt surprise me that he done that..what does surprise me that the film company didnt make it a pr exercise....

Great story, always admired him as an actor and he does seem a genuinely nice guy, superb.

Ha, thats excellent

I love it when the little girl says "I sail" the reporter then laughs and she says "I do".

like most reporters not listening to what you are saying, all they have in there mind is what to say next. if you take them of script they are lost unlike a pro who will ad lib to anything

What a nice thing to do for the kids. :clap: Another boring old day at school then all of a sudden a bunch of pirates turn up - well done Johnny, fantastic stuff.

I hope Capt. Jack repeated the immortal line: "Stop blowing holes in my ship!"

Its always good to see someone as big and famous as Depp to do something so normal, but for the children, so inspiring :clap:

like most reporters not listening to what you are saying, all they have in there mind is what to say next. if you take them of script they are lost unlike a pro who will ad lib to anything

that reporter gave me goosebumps.

Depp is fantastic as always. some fans criticize him for doing PoC, but I believe him saying that he loves playing the role of Jack Sparrows not because of the money.

Favourite actor !

Love it!! What a kind thing for him to do.

And what are the odds, after your experience photographing him before? :)

to be honest you can never say that he's in acting for the money up untill potc, most of his work has been done because he liked the script etc..

he has done some real odd ball stuff, all amazing i might add

Hi Digre,

Please can you get in touch with me - I am a reporter from the Daily Mail and would love to do a story about Captain Jack Sparrow visiting your school...

I'm on 02079386392 or lauracaroe@gmail.com

Thanks for all your help!

P.S. I took a few good photos of the goings on and some were used on London Tonight TV News, videoed from my computer screen. Some were even in focus this time!!!!:cool: See Here

did you get paid though? :exit: :p

Hi Digre,

Please can you get in touch with me - I am a reporter from the Daily Mail and would love to do a story about Captain Jack Sparrow visiting your school...

Daily Mail and the word reporter in the same sentence; surely some mistake :LOL::LOL:

Hi Digre,

Darryl - make sure you check the going rates for pics - and tell em one of the dailys has offered you more than them !!!!!

What would you say is the going rate for a pic of Johnny Depp? :help:

Yes appears so!!!
Cavan Pawson is an Evening Standard Photographer that got 2 images from me at work this morning???

So does that mean he is selling them????

Well they have his name on them and if they are yours then you need to get busy writing invoices.

Take screenprints of the pages.

Surely a Daily Mail reporter wouldnt use a Gmail address??

if all those photos shown were yours, you could sell them for hell a lot of cash to news papers....

his last day on film site was tuesday as he got sick ( poor fella ha!) so those school kids were even more lucky!!!

it should be last day of filming today (please please please) and in a couple of days we can get our peace back at ORNC .....

btw: sherlock holmes 2 is coming to ORNC in January ;)

Surely a Daily Mail reporter wouldnt use a Gmail address??

That's because Laura isn't a DM staffer, nor does she appear to have a byline with them yet.

Having said that, reporters do use throw away email addresses but they don't usually publish their phone numbers! :D

Last edited:
Daily Mail and the word reporter in the same sentence; surely some mistake :LOL::LOL:

Strangely enough, No. The DM has some excellent reporters, especially on the sports team. Just because their Editorial can be twonk, it doesn't mean that all their writers are.

I thought it was excellent JD went to school.

Robin..

And would mind his hat a well.

Ecky thump, someone is making a mint out of these shots, People magazine website in the states have used the shots, toronto sun in canada, Heatworld.

If they were mine, I would be onto one of the photo agencies, explain the situation and offer them a bounty of a %age of whatever they collect for you.

Can't beleive you have been ripped off!

Back