IRC Channel...A little reminder

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
A reminder that aswell as the forums we have our own IRC channel, on Quakenet.

#talkphotography

Pop in and say hello :)

If you don't know what IRC is, it's pretty much like a realtime chat version of the forums. We have a hardcore bunch of regulars in there, but we're getting lonely on these rainy summer nights, so want some new people to chat to (and raise the mental age limit...plleeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeee)

Hey Marcel - instructions as to how to access may help...??

Mental Age limit -
28.gif

How many hardcore regulars do you have, is the talk mainly about photography? do you sometimes stay up late?

How many hardcore regulars do you have, is the talk mainly about photography? do you sometimes stay up late?

Only about 7-10 regulars - talk is all sorts though normally ends up about photography - there tend to be more people around from 8pm-2am then there are during the day :p

Errrrr.......and sometimes.....and often

I think I've just gone on there, I can see some names but no chat? :shrug:

Knowing me I'm probably doing it all wrong. :LOL:

I must admit I thought IRC had pretty much died but maybe not. Surely it's well past its 1990s peak in any case.

been on there a couple of times, not much happening though, to be fair it had been late

I wouldn't go in the chat room , there are several Marcels and some have fake breasts :eek:

Eh totally silent so hard to know if it is actually working and if I am there or not, lol.

x-chat

(The PC version by SilverEx)

Thats Marcel,

I must say, its a fantastic place - a whole new side to TP, lots of friendly faces, good advice, and in real time. The chat room is a life saver, good to speak to you all.

Gary.

theres also chatzilla irc client for firefox if you fancy googling it and #photography is another general purpose room of use :)

noname script for mIRC makes it much more usable and customisable, x-chat is pretty horrific imo.

Back