Todays Rainbow zips

Great idea there...wish I had some of your imagination :)

Brilliant, you're so bl**dy inventive, wish I could think up these simple but so effective shots. Love it to bits.

Andy

Thanks very muchly Andy and Sarah for your kind comments they are much appreciated (y)

Still undecided as to whether black or white bg is best as opinions seem to be varied with preference to one or the other

Love them, very clever idea. I prefer the black b/g, just seems to make the colours stand more.

Love the idea,

but for me there is only one, thats the first one you did with black background, the colours stood out better (y)

Love them, very clever idea. I prefer the black b/g, just seems to make the colours stand more.

Love the idea,

but for me there is only one, thats the first one you did with black background, the colours stood out better (y)

Hi Emily and Dawn

thanks for your kind comments, they are much appreciated

I agree looking at the on white images, to be honest when I look at them, I think it has less impact, because of the lighter colours being top right, I think I should have the colour reversed, because the grey pencil is getting lost a bit, think that would solve the impact issue, will do a re shoot with reversed colours,

What do you think, would it then work

Dave

Must admit I wasn't sure about the grey pencil, I would try leaving it out altogether. This thread has reminded me I bought some felt tips ages ago to 'play' with - might leave the housework today:LOL:

Look forward to seeing the re-shoot.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sending me a PM with links to your pics. I'm sorry I haven't seen them soon as I have been so wrapped up with my Photo52 and 365 (which I have some catching up to do). So thanks for the heads-up.

These are stunning images and well set up. The only thing for me is that I wouldn't have included the sharpener, it seems to break the continuity.

I haven't seen the black background ones yet, going over to see them now. I think that would work well.

Also with this image I would have swapped the white pencil on the right with another colour as it seems to blend into the background too much.

This is a great idea and something I will try for one of my 365's.

Good work (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks very much Dawn,

I think with out the sharpener acting as a zip pull it wouldnt work as well

thanks Martyn, LOL to the broken zip, now how would I do that :thinking: stand by for a broken zip image LOL

<snip>I think with out the sharpener acting as a zip pull it wouldnt work as well<snip>

:bonk::bonk::bonk: how ignorant of me, I do apologise Dave, I didn't notice the title 'Rainbow Zips' and agree the sharpener works well here, well done :clap:

I've seen so many different images in the last week that my mind is a bit boggled now and I think I still have 'Style' theme for the 52 on my mind. Coming to think of which your image would work well for that theme too.

Very creative Dave and a real inspiration, I must make time to do some of these myself, if you don't mind me copying your ideas.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Dave,
love the idea of these photos. I too prefer the black bg as the pencils stand out a lot more.
Regards
Ceri

Thanks Dawn, no problem, LOL I bet your brains fried with your 52 and 365, as you are putting so much effort into your shots, but they are well with it (y) and answering almost all the other members 52s

Many thanks Ceri, as said I think my best idea is to reverse the pencils colours on the white, going to leave that until a rainy day though

Back