60d now or wait a month for 7d.

Assuming you shoot motorsport (as your username and avatar suggest), the 7D is a better choice.

It’s hard to say without more info on what you want to take photos of but looking at the thread linked it looks like you need to buy better glass as well.

So if you brought the 60D you would have left over money for a new lens which would be nice to replace your kit lens.

If you have money to buy the 7D plus extra to buy new lens I would go for the 7D.

waiting for a 7d would be my choice but if you dont want/need video but wanted a solid shooter with money left over for glass then I would go for a 50d, faster continuous shooting and metal body to name a couple of plus points over the 60d.

When you said that you were going to go FF in a couple of years I assume you were saying in a round about way that you were waiting for the 5D3 perhaps?

I was going to suggest that if FF was your eventual goal anyway, you could perhaps consider getting a pre-loved 5D2 which would go for anything around £1250 which isn't a million miles from the price of a new 7D. Just a thought you understand.

If you're still sticking to your gameplan then I would be seriously tempted to go the 7D route. The 5D3 should incorporate some of the advances found in the 7D.

Enjoy your photography

a010.gif

H
a035.gif

If those are still your lenses I wouldn't bother upgrading the body yet. Save that cash and invest in some decent glass.
You could get a 17-55 f2.8 IS and a 70-200 f4 for around the same price as a 7D or less if you went second hand. Might even manage the 70-200 f4 IS for a little extra.
If you really think the 1000d is holding you back and don't need video then a 50d and a decent lens is still a better option than 7d and existing lens collection.

You'll get more pleasure from good glass- colours, detail resolved etc

Motogp said:
I know I said in another thread I wasn't going to upgrade yet but my circumstances have changed so I'm in a better position now .

As the thread title I could buy a 60d now or wait a few weeks and get a 7d , what to you think is the 7d worth the extra wait and money .

Thanks

If it was me, I'd go for 7d straight.

Right thanks for the input everyone .

I had an offer the other day that i really couldn't turn down for the price a pro tog was selling his back up camera (50d) with a few extras.

Canon 50D (6500) actuations

2 Canon Batteries

Battery Charger

Canon 50D shoulder Strap

Operators Manual

Canon Software CD

A fully working Radio Remoter Shutter Release

Air blower

SanDisk 2.0GB Compact Flash Card

Original Canon Box

Canon EF 55-200mm f4.5 ll USM lens fitted with lens and end caps (which i will sell)

52mm Filter

Got all this for £475 Bargin.

This leaves me with enough money left to get better glass , first on my list Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM.

Thanks for reading .

Back