Has Fotopic died again

Gary Coyle

In Memoriam
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
No access since last night, anyone the same, really hope they dont lose all my galleries again, funny how i renewed my account then straight away it went off line

been gone all day... everything.. there own website as well :(

day three and i am losing sales:(

anyone know a quick fix.. even hosted yourself.. dont want to spend a week setting up gallery2 or whatever.. just somehtign so i can get my latest pics online...everything seems to be an age to setup

Sorry to interlope here as have just joined to keep abreast of any up to date information on fotopic.
I am a premium account holder and I run the photographic database of UK registered (Austin Healey) Mk1 Sprites and had my images hosted on fotopic as a sort of website (using their templates). While I have all the original images (and only about 1500 were on the fotopic site) it has taken a load of work to keep the fotopic pages up to date. It is also accessed quite extensively by other owners using the site for reference.
I am quite gutted and feel powerless to do anything as all people know is that my site no longer exists. So please let me know if any of you professionals hear of any updates from fotopic

Regards

Gary
www.frogeye.fotopic.net (currently missing in action)!

Last edited:
theers a small discussion on facebook.. people have written and emailed snappy designs who now own fotopic but nobodies getting replies

Last edited:
I am quite gutted and feel powerless to do anything as all people know is that my site no longer exists. So please let me know if any of you professionals hear of any updates from fotopic
www.frogeye.fotopic.net (currently missing in action)!

I ahve over one hundred thousand pics on mine.. all for sale... i get a steady flow of sales but not at the moment :( Plus I ahve work that depends on showing online as part of the deal. (did one yesterday and have one tommroow night where pics should be online next day). its a nightmare :(

For future reference i would get yourself a small front end website that doesnt rely on fotopic or anyone else.. so you can put messages on like I have with mine....

Maybe not of much use but maybe get yourselves a small ammount of webspace and look at a coppermine gallery.

It takes a little setting up but at least you could get your photo's back on line fairly quickly.

With the ability to batch upload and set up albums quickly I redid mine in about 5 hours a while ago.

If your losing sales then you realy need something in your own control.

I have a little space on the web I got for free but used to use a Godaddy account.

100 thousand pics! :( would take more than 5 hrs .. but saying that.. already on same thoughtline chris :)

Just installing gallery3 to see if i can get latest pics online...but sales come from the past 8 yrs so deffo will lose out :(

Unbelievable that they must have known that something was on the cards, they could have at least warned everybody .

Your right Kipax it would take hours just to upload them.

What I was saying is that it took me about 5 hrs to set up the gallery and then upload my pictures. You'd have to work out how much webspace it would take just to store that many.

The one thin I have though is a complete save of my gallery including all my pictures, so if the site goes bang it's easier to re upload it.

****** of them not to issue a warning though, seems pretty poor bussiness sense not to.

gallery 3 is pants... i have exact same probmlem as one i tried last night .plogger' they both seem to miss a step... front page has all thumbnails on it instead of a proper hierarchy ..

Ive just signed up to Zenfolio premium account trial and used the option to embed a slideshow into my own website, it looks quite good, Zenfolio will host and store all photos, you can have the galleries on Zenfolio or embed them into your own site. This is a link to one gallery ive just done on my own website

http://www.gcsportsphotos.co.uk/bulls.htm

need ability to add my own paypal button so they can order from me and i do the rest

chris wheres yer coppermine gallery so can have a peek? :)

www.christopherhamlet.com

Please note this does not give you the right to spit your coffee over your keyboard as you belly laugh :D

Not sure about the paypal button though, as I have never had anything worthy of selling my site was just for fun.

Last edited:
cheers chris.. its a bit busy innit :)

Kipax, like I say it's just for fun.

You can get rid of all the crappy stuff at the bottom just by modifying one line in the setup.

You can also very quickly set up the number of Albums horizontaly and vertically, so you could if you wish just have a 4 x 4 front page with larger pictures.

I was just thinking it would be a good stopgap.

Once you upload your photo's into an album directory it takes just a few minutes to batch add them.

You can also limit the size of image and it will automaticaly shrink them for you so no messing about.

Worth a passing thought though :D

Kipax, like I say it's just for fun.

I wasnt knocking it!! I just downloaded it :) Sorry didnt mean it to sound like that :)

LOL Don't worry be happy....................... now where have I heard that before :D

The reason I chose it was that it's customisable ( is that a real word ) to a high degree.

Once you get round the way it does albums and catagories it's fairly easy.

If I wanted to add an album lets say TP days out. I can add a catagory TP days out and then add albums for each day out in a couple of minutes.

Upload via FTP to a new directory, point coppermine at it and just hit batch add. within minutes I have my new album.

It is fiddly to set up initially but once you get the hang it's very straight forward.

You can also download dozens of skins to make it look half decent.

have found a script that i am trying to blend into my website... will be easy to add a paypal button when i get going... its hard work i havent done much php in years... and i have a 7pm KO cup final to get to tonight

oh yeagh... www.kipax.com/gallery

A hard afternoons work :)
Just need to make the thumbnails as linkable as the text underneath and nearly ready to go :)

Can anyone have a looksy... complete with paypal button :)

www.kipax.com/gallery

I have not been able to access the site at all for the last three days and have no way of finding out why this is so. It is now 4.11pm on Fri. 11 March 2011 and I still cannot gain access. Tony, Derby, UK.

Tony, Zenfolio allows paypal and you can set it to order prints from Photobox over in the UK

problem is watermarking.. do zenfolio add it? because if i upload wihtout they get nicked and printed.. i i upload wiht then its on the print?

have ya seen my makeshift galley.. fits in nice wiht the site.. keep me going over the weekend until we know whats what..

pikfu anyone?

problem is watermarking.. do zenfolio add it? because if i upload wihtout they get nicked and printed.. i i upload wiht then its on the print?

have ya seen my makeshift galley.. fits in nice wiht the site.. keep me going over the weekend until we know whats what..

pikfu anyone?
Yup, theres a watermark option

Back