Yorkshirecameras.com | Fraudulent - avoid!

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I was having a browse this afternoon and stumbled across Yorkshirecameras.com. After a couple of minutes it became all too apparent that it's a scam website, but a very believable one at that so beware!

A quick google has confirmed that although they're claiming to be part of www.martinscamerashop.co.uk, the only thing they have in common is a stolen identity (which is confirmed by their website). A bit more digging confirmed that Yorkshirecameras.com was registered in Lithuania last month.

I'd avoid that one if I were you!

(For the record I've got no associated with Martinscamerashop, but it appears genuine, unlike Yorkshirecameras.com which does not).

Michael

By the way, if you come accross bad sites like this -- the first thing you should do is report them to the browser (IE it's under smartscreen -> report unsafe website for instance)

the more people that do, the more likely it is that the browser will flag it for other people too.. it doesn't need that many people to report it.

Yes I acan confirm that this site is 100% FAKE!!! I was looking for a 24-70mm f2.8 found one here at silly price!! The site is really convincing!! I enetered 3 different sets of card details when it finally clicked!! A google later and i was gutted all 3 cards cancelled and the B******s had the cheek to send me this!!!!

Dear Customer,

You tried to pay for you order online on 2011.Unfortunately our system doesn't accept that type credit / debit card.Please take International Bank Wire Transfer payment option.This option is secure, quick and save you 17.5% of credit / debit card charge.

Best Regards,
Yorkshire Cameras
22a Main Street
Barwick in ElmentWest YorkshireL
S15 4JQ,United Kingdom

www.yorkshirecameras.com

I was so close to ordering from there, but I was wondering how they are managing overly competitive prices. I initially thought grey stock, which I can accept at that price, but there was no mention of that on the site. When I looked further, it turned out to be a scam/phishing site. I'm so glad I checked before entering my card details.

If you look up the address they give it is actually a hairdressers!!

Yorkshire Cameras
22a Main Street
Barwick-in-Elmet
West Yorkshire
LS15 4JQ.

Barwick's Hair Design
22a Main Street
Barwick In Elmet
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS15 4JQ

sKVIb.jpg

I just got this info off another forum

Registrant:
Stasys Puniskis
473 High road
Leyton, Londonas e10 5el
GB

Domain name: YORKSHIRECAMERAS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Puniskis, Stasys
473 High road
Leyton, Londonas e10 5el
GB
+44.7737981975
Technical Contact:
Hostmaster, IV
J. Kubiliaus g. 6
Vilnius, 08234
LT
+370.52324444

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Apr-2011.
Record expires on 18-Mar-2012.
Record created on 18-Mar-2011.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
NS70.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Domain status: ok

I was just looking at their site and to be honest I was suspicious straight away.
Their new prices are cheaper than second hand/used gear:wacky:
That has got to ring alarm bells....:thumbsdown:

Well, I didnt do my home work correctly and i looked up Martins Camera shop (as they were the "Ltd company") all looked good.

I'm now £300 out of pocket :crying: And will never see it again so the boys in blue say.

So my new D3100 just cost the same almost as a D300s !! :bang:

Well, I didnt do my home work correctly and i looked up Martins Camera shop (as they were the "Ltd company") all looked good.

I'm now £300 out of pocket :crying: And will never see it again so the boys in blue say.

So my new D3100 just cost the same almost as a D300s !! :bang:

Just contact your card company. They should reimburse you, even if you paid with a debit card

Just contact your card company. They should reimburse you, even if you paid with a debit card

Well... my card didn't work!!! SO... and i know i hear you all say "Idiot", but they suggested to transfer by bank and i'll also save and extra 3%.

I did think it was a risk, but after looking into Martins Camera shop they do offer this and as they are the same company (ha ha) i decided to pay this way.

Barclays transfered the money in about 1 hour!!!! I realised about 3 hours after i made the payment that they were not Martins Camera shop, but because the money had gone there was nothing they could do.

So i'm stuffed!

That's why they want you to do this. An FPI is basically non reversable unless the person it was sent to agrees to return it. With the bank account details the account should be traceable. The boys in blue should be knocking on their door and alerting the bank that if anyone tries to take money out of a branch from that account then they should be refused and detained. It is possible to stop these scumbags but it requires banks to co-operate and things to happen quickly.

Have you contacted Barclays and explained what has happened?
Whilst the bank are not obliged to refund your money, they often will out of goodwill
It's something I would definitely try, you have nothing to lose.

Andy

To be honest i've given up.

I called Barclays and Lloyds and explained to them both and they were not interested.

I spoke to the police in Yorkshire who were already looking into the case and they were really helpful, but because i'm not in Yorkshire i had to speak to my local force and this is where it became a joke. As far as they were concerned i'm just a disgruntled customer and until i haven't received the goods or a refund they are not interested. Yorkshire police even emailed my local force (Wiltshire) and asked them to come to my house to take a statement - Didn't hear a bean!!!

Really frustrating because my local force will not get involved whilst Yorkshire and Lincolnshire (where the bank accounts were setup) want to peruse it.

The website look like its now been removed by the way!

That's what these people hope for and in some way I'm sure the boys in blue hope for the same to save them any "trouble".

I called Barclays and Lloyds and explained to them both and they were not interested.

This is what annoys me about these banks, the way they just "let this happen".

Our company was once being scammed by someone with a HSBC account, we gathered all the evidence, sent it to HSBC Fraud Dept. several times by fax and post but they simply never replied.

I spoke to the police in Yorkshire who were already looking into the case and they were really helpful, but because i'm not in Yorkshire i had to speak to my local force and this is where it became a joke. As far as they were concerned i'm just a disgruntled customer and until i haven't received the goods or a refund they are not interested. Yorkshire police even emailed my local force (Wiltshire) and asked them to come to my house to take a statement - Didn't hear a bean!!!

Push the issue with your local force, we once had to do the same at work and it resulted in a letter of apology from the CC.

Not sure if it's changed but the way it worked then was that we had to make a statement to the local force and they then passed the information to the relevant force.
It was the initial part we could not get the local force to do so we wrote to the CC who agreed that they should have followed up on this.

If I were you I'd push it some more.

May also be worth writing to the bank that you sent the money to and ask them why they allow people to operate accounts for fraud?

I got into their site by way of Google Ad. That's annoying that Google should put more care into who they do business with.

You are right Wasper. It pops up on google ads attached to online newspapers such as The Irish Times, Indo. and Examiner have it....I put this warning up on Photography Ireland website last week!

Working on the premise that 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is', I found this website:

http://www.best-dslr-deals.com/index.php?route=common/home

Copied this from their "about us" blurb:

About Us
Best DSLR Deals is registered trademark of Best UK Deal Limited is new and fast growing technology reseller located in London. Founder and General Manager, George Ubredoleo started Smart Black Box as a photography hobby running from his living room table, and from those humble beginnings it has grown quickly to become the Professional online technology reseller of choice to customers from all over the world.

Probably best to avoid this one too then ;)

Well given that the logo is the same as Yorkshire Cameras - I'd say 100% to avoid.

And of course-They also have that same address listed on their page too!
Best DSLR Deals
22a Main Street
Barwick in Elment
West Yorkshire
LS15 4JQ
UK

Oh dear...

hello to everybody,
I work with facto24.de, a german anti-internetfraud site and this morning a reader sent us this as probably fraudulent: dontons.com/
After all I found out it is probably a new shop of the above mentioned.
Be careful
Susanne.

Susanne said:
hello to everybody,
I work with facto24.de, a german anti-internetfraud site and this morning a reader sent us this as probably fraudulent: dontons.com/
After all I found out it is probably a new shop of the above mentioned.
Be careful
Susanne.

Yes.. DO NOT USE!

It is a copy of the site http://www.best-dslr-deal.com which is the same people who invented Yorkshire cameras.

Captain_Kangaroo said:

Really frustrating because my local force will not get involved whilst Yorkshire and Lincolnshire (where the bank accounts were setup) want to peruse it.

The website look like its now been removed by the way!

My eBay account got hacked, they changed my address to one in Florida and bought 2k worth of gear

I got it back through PayPal but thought I'd notify the local sheriff so I emailed them via their contact us form at 8 pm their time, 8 hours later I received a reply asking for more details, 4 hours after that I got an update telling me it was a safety deposit box address, they'd been and emptied it but as it as rented from outside the US there was nothing else they could do.

I was astounded they'd even replied, a non us citizen had complained and they done their best to sort it with 12 hours

The response you're getting is what I would have expected if I'd contacted our police about it , if I'd done it by email I can't imagine even getting a reply

Back