5 Days in Newcastle - this weekend

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

I'm back up to see my folks this weekend from Saturday through to Wednesday.

I'm just looking for a bit of inspiration to be honest. Any ideas?

Last week I just got a new lens that I wouldn't mind a play around with - a Sony 70 - 400G so anything sport or wildlife may be good (preferably sport).

I'm from the North East so do know the area well and I guess I've been to the usual places - I dread to think of the number of times I've taken pics of the Angel or the Millenium Bridge :)

Any ideas along the quirky, industrial or 'hidden' would be much appreciated. I've never really taken sunrise pictures either so any thoughts around that would be cool.

Cheers.

Phil

There is a circus in south shields :D

Hi phil, the piers might be worth a look. Tynemouth and perhaps Cambois with the wind turbines.

St Marys lighthouse is allways a favourite. Not sure on industrial, the ship yards perhaps? Not sure what access is like down there now though. There's allways the much photographed sage building if you haven't already done it.

Believe the forecast is torrential rain on sat/sun so I'd suggest heading for cover! For sunrise shots you could try the beach at Blyth or the area around Seaton Sluice?

Beamish for me, with that lens you could get some good long distance portrait cameos.

I haven't been to Beamish since I was a kid. That may be a plan.

The mention of Beamish makes me laugh. I was up in the North East at Easter with a Slovak friend. He'd seen a poster for Beamish and thought they were a Geordie version of the Amish.

He wasn't happy when I told him that they were actors :)

Well your not missing much today, it's chucking down now :crying:. I was hoping to get out myself but thats been scuppered. Starting to think of somewhere I can go and shoot indoors. That circus is starting to sound appealing. Any other ideas?

the discovery museum could be cool :d or the glass museum :D ... the metro centre has some new random statues :D

yea centre of life may be cool :D ... i live in tyne dock and its pretty bad i think my street is flooding and my sunflowers are dead :(

Back