Help with photo stitching please!!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive taken this pano of 7 images of Lands End in Cornwall and stitched them together with photoshop cs5. What I want to know is how I can go about straightening the horizon so it is not curved! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks!!

6050589173_5e6d2226fc.jpg
[/url]
Lands End Pano by Photography by Ian Lewis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Filters - lens correction - straighten tool (a)

ignore, that wont work

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you got that curvature, my guess is that you didn't have enough overlap in the foreground, just a guess. I've taken as many as 24 shots (up, down and across) and i didn't get curvature...

You can try Edit > Transform > Warp on CS5.

Pano's like this can be corrected using DxO Optics Pro.

Not good ideas. The key is to get it right when you construct the panorama - by telling the stitching software how to do it properly - not afterwards.

my guess is that you didn't have enough overlap in the foreground

I think it had something to do with shooting at 17mm of my 17-40mm L F4 wide angle lens!!

No, neither of these are the reason.

The basic issue here is that the centre of your finished image isn't on the horizon. The stitching software needs a "reference point" so that it knows how to calculate the appropriate yaw / pitch / roll parameters, and if you don't tell it otherwise then it assumes that the reference point is the centre of the image. This will give a curved horizon if the reference point isn't on the horizon, as is the case here.

I don't know CS5 so I don't know how much control you have over the parameters. The stitching software I use, PT Assembler, allows me to set the reference point explicity. Here is a section in the PT Assembler tutorial that describes the process and why it's so important.

Last edited:
Back