It Looks a Great Night.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
To shoot The Moon! Anyone else fancy a go? :D

I'm gonna try it with the 500mm and both converters, but it's gonna be around 9.30 ish before I get a clear shot through the trees.

C'mon... post 'em here... :wave:

Thought that on the way home from the gym. Too busy looking at the stars at the moment though..............................they are playing in red and beating Kiev :)

I had a go the other night with my new 70-300mm lens, and whilst it was a slight improvement on my old lens, the focal length is just not long enough to get a really good image. At least not for me.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with CT. :)

I'd love to be having a go, unfortunately, the longest focal length i've got is 55mm since I did the swap to Canon. I can't wait to get some long lenses!!!

Longest lens for me is my 300+1.4x Not really long enough :(

Give it a go - you might be surprised at the detail you can get.

Bugger - it look like a I gotta wait another hour.

Well, here's the North Oxfordshire moon
ISO 400, EF400L with 1.4x and 2x T/C on a 5D 1/200 at F11

Incidentally, I was walking back to an hotel in Norway some years back in the company of a colleague from the US.
A bright moonlit night with a full moon and he looked up and said...deadly serious...."Is that the same moon we get back home?"
He was even impressed that I could confirm that it was.
Bob
Moon_23OCT07_2.jpg

Well, here's the North Oxfordshire moon
ISO 400, EF400L with 1.4x and 2x T/C on a 5D 1/200 at F11

Incidentally, I was walking back to an hotel in Norway some years back in the company of a colleague from the US.
A bright moonlit night with a full moon and he looked up and said...deadly serious...."Is that the same moon we get back home?"
He was even impressed that I could confirm that it was.
Bob

LOL. Was he from Texas? :LOL:

Nice shot Bob. Here's mine... 125th at f8, 100 ISO, which was my first guess and turned out to be the best exposure of three. While I was setting the shot up, I was amazed how fast it was moving across the viewfinder, or more accurately - the viewfinder was moving across it! :eek:

OY8N9026-01.jpg

Wow, is that the same moon as Bob's? It looks bigger? ;)

You're not that guy from Texas are you? :D

I'm sure given the glass Bob was using, his 1:1 image wouldn't be much smaller than mine. He's just posted the reduced full frame shot.

At 1:1 repro it's more like...

OY8N9026-01-full_frame.jpg

Back