Ilford HP3 film

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently developed several rolls of Ilford FP3 film with decent results following many calculations and researches to determine a suitable solution/ developement time.

I now have a HP3 Panchromatic film to develop.

I am wondering if there are significant differences in the FP3 and HP3 as regards developing times etc .....If not then I will attempt the same soup as I did for the FP3.

Any advice appreciated.

Found a little more info:

Developed in ID-11, HP3 film required 10 mins whereas FP3 required 9 mins.
A difference of 10.1%

I'm figuring that if I use the same soup and increase the developing time that I used for the FP3 films by this percentage, then theoretically it could work....I think!!!

Quite few people taking a look at this thread......no one able to help me out??....perhaps my idea of increasing the time by 10% will work .....what do you guys think??

all i keep thinking is where did you get fp / hp3 film from .as for the developing times i dont think you'd notice any difference

all i keep thinking is where did you get fp / hp3 film from .as for the developing times i dont think you'd notice any difference

I was thinking the same thing.
A friend of mine just gave me a camera and it had a roll of Kodak Verichrome Pan in it, I took the easy way out and sent it off to The Darkroom. I didn't want to mess up the film as it had belonged to a friends recently deceased uncle.

Here's one of the saved shots, it dates from any time after 1968, the year of the cars reg number. It had survived quite well considering I also opened the back of the camera with the roll still only half exposed.

6486119085_3863868f2e_z.jpg
[/url]
Alice's Ebner 03 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

They are old exposed films that I've come upon .....interesting to develop and see the latent images...especially when it comes to locating them ...Last ones were of York and the Yorkshire Moors / Dales also including one shot of Harry Ramsdens at Guisley, Leeds ...Quite ironic as I've recently heard it is set to be closed down ...a real shame!

I was thinking the same thing.
A friend of mine just gave me a camera and it had a roll of Kodak Verichrome Pan in it, I took the easy way out and sent it off to The Darkroom. I didn't want to mess up the film as it had belonged to a friends recently deceased uncle.

Here's one of the saved shots, it dates from any time after 1968, the year of the cars reg number. It had survived quite well considering I also opened the back of the camera with the roll still only half exposed.

6486119085_3863868f2e_z.jpg
[/url]
Alice's Ebner 03 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

A cracking shot of some happy memories.....I developed a couple of verichrome pan films not long back.....an 828 and a 120
I was tempted to send to the lab but my real enjoyment comes from being able to achieve a result myself.

From the info I've found on original developing time there was a one minute time difference in HP3 and FP3 using ID-11 so I am reckoning I won't go far wrong by using my results from FP3 and just lengthening the time a little.

Back