Martin's

Edit My Images
No
Having my daily peruse of CameraPriceBuster and I noticed quite a few lenses have suddenly dropped in price. Almost without exception, these new lower prices are from Martin's.

Two reasons for posting here - firstly to apprise anyone in the market for a lens in case they want to avail themselves of the lower prices and secondly to ask what the deal is with Martin's? I've heard of them but only vaguely - are they a full UK retail outfit or a grey importer? Reputable? Just thought I'd ask for future reference :)

I bought a Canon Zoom from them a couple of years ago without problems.

:)

Camerapricebuster claim that they only list stock imported by the UK importer; i.e. no grey imports

I can confirm they only sell UK stock. I asked them the question this week in preparation for adding them to my listings too... No greys!

It's Future Cameras I'd be wary of, not Martins.

Martins have been the Victims of scammers using their company details before. As have Warehouse Express.

Probably the same gang of scammers in both cases.

Whois info for future-cameras.com:

Registrant:
andrius burundukas
80 sunderland point
london, e16 2sn
United Kingdom

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: FUTURE-CAMERAS.COM
Created on: 19-Jun-12
Expires on: 19-Jun-13
Last Updated on: 19-Jun-12

Administrative Contact:
burundukas, andrius
4ad113b4250ae4d599317974571835e007e02be3.png
@gmail.com
80 sunderland point
london, e16 2sn
United Kingdom
0-796-555-6716

Technical Contact:
burundukas, andrius
4ad113b4250ae4d599317974571835e007e02be3.png
@gmail.com
80 sunderland point
london, e16 2sn
United Kingdom
0-796-555-6716

Domain servers in listed order:
NS09.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS10.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Smells fishy.

Martins are 100% genuine, they do however only operate from a house, they used to be Leeds based but have now movef into the Lake district just south of Bowness

Martins is genuine, the future-cameras website has only been up for a few weeks, obvious scam.

Last edited:
I have bought from them once. Recieved my zoom it was a bit cheaper than anywhere else but took a few phone calls to chase it "did get it in the end"
So for me I would not use again.

Gaz

Well its probably a scam, it's well done. I will confess, I have ordered something from them. I used PayPal to pay for it - they currently have the payment as pending so they too probably aren't happy.

At least with Paypal the payment is protected. Overlooking the possibility of a scam, I'm looking forward to receiving my new camera!

I was a bit surprised to see their office address in Mayfair. - its certainly not visible from the street, nestled amongst a church, a antiquarian book dealer and a Italian cafe with Sotheby's on the opposite side.

Future Cameras
36 St George Street,
Mayfair,
W1S 2FW,

Any way I'm still the optimist, and until proven otherwise I look forward to getting the camera.

Muleady said:
Well its probably a scam, it's well done. I will confess, I have ordered something from them. I used PayPal to pay for it - they currently have the payment as pending so they too probably aren't happy.

At least with Paypal the payment is protected. Overlooking the possibility of a scam, I'm looking forward to receiving my new camera!

I was a bit surprised to see their office address in Mayfair. - its certainly not visible from the street, nestled amongst a church, a antiquarian book dealer and a Italian cafe with Sotheby's on the opposite side.

Future Cameras
36 St George Street,
Mayfair,
W1S 2FW,

Any way I'm still the optimist, and until proven otherwise I look forward to getting the camera.

Scammers love optimists :LOL:

Can see you are a new poster - so welcome.. However I think you won't be seeing a camera any time soon..

I'd be trying to get that Paypal payment back just as soon as I could...

Well, I have contacted paypal and they have assured me that the funds are totally safe. Of all the online payments paypal are the best (for buyers) which makes me wonder why he offered their service??

I purchased my Canon 55-250 from Martins a couple of years ago. My only moan was, they didn't have it in stock when I ordered and I had to wait two weeks for delivery. Had they have told me it was out of stock, I might have bought elsewhere, but they were the cheapest on the web at the time.

Would I buy from them again? Yes if it was in stock!

Martins have had a rough deal for a long time. There was another one called Yorkshire cameras a while back that ripped them off completely even down to the website.
There were a lot of unhappy people that ordered off that site, and I imagine it impacted on martins business quite considerably. It's strange how the scammers are targeting them a lot more than other similar small shops.

Olimpic Cameras says on their website it's a trading name of Silver Centre (UK) Ltd and the address of Silver Centre (UK) Ltd checks out to be correct, only thing is they are battery suppliers in Preston. That doesn't look too promising at all, wide berth is recommended.

I bought a 24-105L Canon lens last year with no problems. I arranged to collect it from their address, a private house, outside Leeds. I had to wait while my cheque cleared which is understandable in todays climate, no credit card sales! I would recommend Martins!

Back