Genuine Sandisk Extreme cards on Groupon - today only

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Couldn't see this on here already so posted it up ;)

Jessops have teamed up with Groupon to do a 1 day offer on Sandisk Extreme cards.

8gb - £5.99
16gb - £9.99
32gb - 19.99

All with free delivery as well ;)

If you go through this link http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/Jessops/15589472/.A4PJAw then it gives me a commission if you purchase one, basically I then can have virtual money with them and get something free at a later date but if you'd rather deal direct then here is the webpage: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/Jessops/15589472?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_4&a=1664

£5.99 for a 45MB/s card is pretty good I think!

SD cards :(

Mine use cf

Thinking of getting a 5d3 though so maybe I will :)

How does this work? It says Limit 1 per person and that I'm buying a voucher?

Do you need to go into a Jessops shop? Or do you enter a code into their web site? Sorry for being dumb never used Groupon before :)

Jessops will deliver them straight to you. Groupon will pass them your order and delivery details.

It's 1 redemption per order, but you can make multiple orders. I just ordered 3 x 16Gb and a 32Gb :)

Cool. I'll get a couple of 32s I think :)

Interesting to see if anybody gets a card they have paid for now given today's news !!

Groupon are still running the offer. The 32gig cards are still available.

If they don't then it would appear extremely underhanded to do this.

Good news that, tempted to buy an 8GB as a backup and leaving it in my bag! I have a habit of leaving my 16GB in my MacBook when I run out the door :p

It isn't really a bargain, here is the standard Amazon price at the moment....

32Gb £22
16Gb £12.50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...shr&tag=1567&=computers&qid=1357772988&sr=1-4

(I get free postage from Amazon Prime)

So if you are not sure you can trust Jessops, use Amazon :)

Actually it was £11.50 for the 16gb yesterday, so it's gone up :) I remember as I checked yesterday to see how much the saving was via Groupon compared to amazon and it was a whopping £1.50. Then it said the 16gb was sold out on Groupon anyway. So no, it's hardly a screaming fill your boots bargain - more like a typical Groupon grossly exaggerated % saving. :D Although it appears that Jessops do (did) actually sell those 16gb for 50 quid each - http://www.jessops.com/online.store.../extreme-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-card-77487/show.html and that was a £10 "saving" on their usual 60 quid price! :wacky:

Actually it was £11.50 for the 16gb yesterday, so it's gone up :) I remember as I checked yesterday to see how much the saving was via Groupon compared to amazon and it was a whopping £1.50. Then it said the 16gb was sold out on Groupon anyway. So no, it's hardly a screaming fill your boots bargain - more like a typical Groupon grossly exaggerated % saving. :D Although it appears that Jessops do (did) actually sell those 16gb for 50 quid each - http://www.jessops.com/online.store.../extreme-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-card-77487/show.html and that was a £10 "saving" on their usual 60 quid price! :wacky:

Exactly :)

Just because they tell you its a bargain, doesn't mean it is one :)

This is true but I remember reading a post and it possibly could of been on here stating that non genuine extreme cards were being sold on Amazon, through their agents as well as directly through them so at least you know these are genuine cards ;)

Fingers crossed they arrive then :D My 5D3 needs food lol

Surely the transaction is with Groupon and not Jessop so Groupon will either honor the deal or we get full refund?

Good to know its being honoured though- wonder when we will get them?

My advice is don't buy anything online from them, I made the same mistake with an album manufacturer and I lost £600 as they went into administration.

Oh we'll, just received this email:

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have received an update from Jessop's for all orders to be refunded.

I have now cancelled your Groupon for Jessops and refunded the amount of £9.99 back to your method of payment. Our partner business has already been informed that this Groupon is no longer valid. Please allow up to 10 working days for the payment to clear back to your account.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Already received mine, bizarrely on the same day they announced administration. Was very surprised to get one, especially within 2 days of ordering

I got the first email but not the 2nd from Groupon so curious as to what is happening with this

I received the following e-mail yesterday:

We have important information for those of you who purchased Groupons for this deal.

Please note:
• Following yesterdays email confirming that Jessops have gone into administration, we would like to let you know that we are still working hard to secure your order.
• We are working with Sandisk directly and should be able to confirm your delivery sometime next week.
• Thank you for your continued patience.
If you're disappointed by this new information please reply to this email providing your name and the email address you registered with us and we will happily process a refund for you.

I'm hoping they still manage to fulfill the orders. It seems Groupon are working hard to ensure this, but time will tell if my 4 cards arrive!

Not heard anything either yet!

Spoke to them the other day and said they were still discussing things and hoped to still send them out but if I wanted a refund I could get one - I said I'd wait another 2 or 3 days to see......

Time's up and I now want my money back. :)

Back