Anyone used PRETTYCAMERAS

Name
ted
Edit My Images
Yes
I was looking to purchase a new lens for my Canon 650 when I found a company on the net called http://prettycameras.com/ showing address of

Pretty Cameras
36 St George Street,
Mayfair,
W1S 2FW,
United Kingdom

also a contact email address ,
sales@jiggycameras.com

Tried finding info about Jiggycameras, possibly found a web registration link to Norwich but not 100 percent on this.

The price of a Canon 50 mm 1.8 lens advertised just over £42, I find this price unbelievable firstly half normal uk price, their website says, no grey imports ?

I also find this too good to be true.

Any info before I throw my pension down the tube.

Thanks

Ted

From my own preliminary investigation, it is very likely that this is a scam operation.

There are many businesses located at 36 St George Street Mayfair, but could not find any trace of Pretty Cameras.

It is also very strange that the telephone number listed plays a recorded message in an Amercian accent then another what sounds to be australian or new zealand. Opening hours are based on Standard Eastern Time, which is a bit strange of you have a facility in London.

The prices are too good to be true, so in all probability this is just another rip off merchant. How can they make money on the advertised prices when even the grey imports are more expensive.

It has been reported to the relevant authorities, so my advice would be to stay well clear.

Its the same address as Future-Cameras who were faker than a fake thing, and Moody Cameras (likewise) - both were claiming to be trading names of Martins Cameras but were proved to in fact be nothing to do with them.

further investigation with google reveals devlin house, 36 george st to be " Landmark virtual offices" - unsuprisingly a virtuall office/ post resante service - which explains the number of companies alledgedly based there.

Maybe a bit like some of the more dubious HK traders who were allegedly based in the same building.

as a general rule of thumb I treat anyone who's trading from a post resante address without acknowledging it as such with a degree of suspicion

theres nothing wrong with using a PO box per se, but pretending its your uk office when it isnt , isnt generally a sign of probity and fair dealing

Mayfair is one of the most expensive parts of London and you can probably buy an island for less than the cost of a house there, even a flat costs multi-millions, so the chances of a legitimate camera business operating from there are wafer thin to nil. I looked at the price of a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM which they are selling for £438.23, this takes the adage "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" to a new level, they are even undercutting grey importers.

Steer clear is the answer but you knew that already, I mean jiggycameras?

Last edited:
Back