What are your thoughts on this lens?

I got one when starting digital. Great reviews and great lens...

Sold mine a bit later, as I turned out to only shoot wide. I've been contacted twice by the guy buying it.

First time just after purchase, as he and three mates were comparing lenses
rolleyes.gif
and he wanted to report, they all agreed, it was sharper than their Nikkor 70-300...

Second time was very recently, as he wanted a copy of the receipt for a service check. It was beginning to hunt a bit in low light.
Shipped him the (digital only) receipt and he has just reported back, that Tamron had replaced focus motor free of charge! (y)

It is a good lens, and I would have no problems with a recommendation.

I got one when starting digital. Great reviews and great lens...

Sold mine a bit later, as I turned out to only shoot wide. I've been contacted twice by the guy buying it.

First time just after purchase, as he and three mates were comparing lenses
rolleyes.gif
and he wanted to report, they all agreed, it was sharper than their Nikkor 70-300...

Second time was very recently, as he wanted a copy of the receipt for a service check. It was beginning to hunt a bit in low light.
Shipped him the (digital only) receipt and he has just reported back, that Tamron had replaced focus motor free of charge! (y)

It is a good lens, and I would have no problems with a recommendation.

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it :clap: :1st:(y):banana::notworthy:

After reading a couple of comparison revues for this class of lens, in which it came out very well indeed, I bought one.

It hasn't disappointed, and I have no regrets about buying it.

I use it with a Canon EOS 7D.

Dave

It's an excellent lens for the money - I would recommend buying UK stock though as you get a 5 year warranty on all Tamron lenses. Wex @£289 is only £20 more than Digital Rev (you can also get 2% cashback (so about £5) with topcashback: and free next day delivery with code WFD1013. Well worth paying an extra 15 quid or so and getting the 5 year warranty I reckon anyway.

It's an excellent lens for the money - I would recommend buying UK stock though as you get a 5 year warranty on all Tamron lenses. Wex @£289 is only £20 more than Digital Rev (you can also get 2% cashback (so about £5) with topcashback: and free next day delivery with code WFD1013. Well worth paying an extra 15 quid or so and getting the 5 year warranty I reckon anyway.

Thank you (y)

I've had mine for a year and it's served me well, but I've only had the real budget Sigma 70-300 to compare it to.

My brother compared mine when I had it to his Nikkor.. he preferred mine, it was sharper and the VC enabled it to be hand held down to 1/13th sec and still produce a sharp image. (at 300mm)

Back