The HUB Festival, Liverpool

Edit My Images
Yes
I meant to post this earlier, but just to let those in the North West know, that the HUB Festival, (BMX, Skateboard, inline skates, graffiti, music and bboy) is this weekend.

In previous years it has been held in July, so those on the lookout for it then may find disappointment. ;)

The weather's not looking too good, but worth a look in the area as it's free. ;)

Here's the official site with more info.

Here's a couple of pics I got last year.

itc3584aresizexe6.jpg

itc3414aresizehq5.jpg

itc3646aresizerj9.jpg

i went to this last year the weather was atrotious so there was very little happening because obviously the pipes would be too dangerous in the wet. saying that martin ashton on the trials course was superb as were the people doing graffiti art, and the people doing break dancing were brilliant. would have been a great day if the weather was better and id known in advance so i could have brought my camera down!!!

Well I went to the Hub Festival on Saturday and Sunday. Didn't see any Talkphotographers on Saturday, but saw a few on Sunday. Saturday was a bit damp, but Sunday was for the most part sunny, though a bit chilly.

I was hanging about the half pipe for the most part, though I spent a lot of time at the trial bike show on Saturday as the half pipe and the skate park were closed until it dried up. Excellent displays by the trials bikers, especially Martin Ashton.

Sunday was soured by a young lad falling quite heavily on the half pipe and snapping his thigh bone. I hope the poor lad makes a full and speedy recovery, though I can't see that happening from the severity of the break.

Anyway, here's some pics. All from Sunday, as Saturday was very dull light wise.

The break dancing was greatly improved with the large screen this year.
itc8996aeditresizerx0.jpg

I like the little girls face in this one. :eek: :LOL:
itc9064aeditresizesc3.jpg

itc9246aeditresizebk6.jpg

The way this has happened to be shot looks like the skater is trying to pull himself out of the frame. :D
itc9142aeditresizefz5.jpg

It was hard trying to get the look on the faces. The press photographers inside the safety fence would have had a better chance as they were that bit closer and looking up.
itc9158aeditresizecopybq9.jpg

It was weird seeing this young lady again, as I had seen here the first time at the Hub Festival about 4 years ago.
itc9332aeditresizevf9.jpg

Comments welcome. Positive and negative. :)

I think number 5 from the second set is best. It's my view that it would be better if there was no reference to the ground and it looked like he was flying through space. My suggestion is:

2511383716_d530d7130e_o.jpg

Please ignore if this goes against what you want to show.

I missed it this year. Glad you got some good weather though, looks like a good event. Breakdancing looks better than last year, where it was indoors.

Thanks for replying. :)

rh1944, thanks for the input. I do have some without the ramp, but this one had the best face of the rider showing.

Ian T, the breakdancing was much better than last year thanks to the screen, and being place more into the centre of the field. If you weren't at the front of the stage last year, you saw virtually nothing.

Thanks again. :)

Well I went to the Hub Festival on Saturday and Sunday. Didn't see any Talkphotographers on Saturday, but saw a few on Sunday. Saturday was a bit damp, but Sunday was for the most part sunny, though a bit chilly.

I was hanging about the half pipe for the most part, though I spent a lot of time at the trial bike show on Saturday as the half pipe and the skate park were closed until it dried up. Excellent displays by the trials bikers, especially Martin Ashton.

Saturday was soured by a young lad falling quite heavily on the half pipe and snapping his thigh bone. I hope the poor lad makes a full and speedy recovery, though I can't see that happening from the severity of the break.

Anyway, here's some pics. All from Sunday, as Saturday was very dull light wise.

The break dancing was greatly improved with the large screen this year.
itc8996aeditresizerx0.jpg

I like the little girls face in this one. :eek: :LOL:
itc9064aeditresizesc3.jpg

itc9246aeditresizebk6.jpg

The way this has happened to be shot looks like the skater is trying to pull himself out of the frame. :D
itc9142aeditresizefz5.jpg

It was hard trying to get the look on the faces. The press photographers inside the safety fence would have had a better chance as they were that bit closer and looking up.
itc9158aeditresizecopybq9.jpg

It was weird seeing this young lady again, as I had seen here the first time at the Hub Festival about 4 years ago.
itc9332aeditresizevf9.jpg

Comments welcome. Positive and negative. :)

It was the sunday the lad had the bad fall on the half pipe , it was my good friend Sam Ward , 22 , He got a compound fracture of the femur what broke through the skin about 6in above the knee , after we got him sorted and of the the royal he had an opp that night to put a rod and screws thought the middle of the femur and had another opp tuesday and one more thursday to close the wound up , hopefully he will be home by the end of the week or over the weekend . Also he would love it if anyone has anypics of it or video footage to share with us of the hole thing from the fall to the ambulance Thanks Jay , ps i was the guy who was there with him through the ordeal .

Thanks for posting on Sam's condition. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I have pictures of him doing his tricks on the fateful run, and the run before where he also fell. I haven't any pics of him on the ground, as it was quite distressing, and I had to walk away. I'm not a documentary photographer, I was there for the people doing the tricks, when it went wrong in such a big way, taking pics was the furthest thing from my mind.

If you PM me an email address, I'll send him all the pics I have of him.

Back