Photoshop Script for Border (with Exif data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
There has been some interest on this and other forums about this script.

So much, in fact, that it has been updated 3 times today!

This script resizes, adds a border and appends both the Exif data from your picture and a copyright.

The text, style and info are customizable, even if you don't know scripting.

Example:

DecorativeBox.jpg

MattyH was kind enough to step forward and upload the script to his website!!!

http://www.hawkins-photography.co.uk/downloads

There are SIX files available

Blackborder and Copyright.zip This is a simple black border, with a white copyright line in the lower left corner
Exif - Original Script.zip 09-Jul-2008 07:35 2k This is the script as seen above
Exif - focal length etc plus date.zip 10-Jul-2008 07:19 2k This adds Focal Length and the date the picture was taken
Exif - focal length etc.zip 10-Jul-2008 07:19 2k This adds just Focal Length
Exif With Title This is as above, but adds the name of the file in the upper left corner
Exif with Title & date. Again, as above, but with title and date

Name the file whatever you want, but the file extension must be .js, Place it in \Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts folder and activate it via the Photoshop menu item FILE>SCRIPTS

NOTE: You can replace the copyright info by opening the file in a text editor. Search for (or scroll down to) the copyright info and replace the existing info with yours!

Hi trying this out but having problems when running the script, should I be replacing ** with alternate ** then **
Not familar with the code.
Thanks Kevin

Darn forum software...

You should replace each instance of ** (asterix, asterix) with a single bracket, the one you get by typing SHIFT+]

Morning Preacher, thanks for emailing zipped version, works fine, should be useful.
Thanks again
Kevin :)

Thanks for posting I've never actually bothered with PS scripting, but after looking at that I realise that it's quite simple.

The trick seems to be getting to know what all the handles are ie "app.activeDocument"
Might have to read the documentation..

No idea... want to be a guinea pig?:naughty:

No idea... want to be a guinea pig?:naughty:

I can`t get this to work in CS3, that isn`t saying much though as I am a comptard..........:D

I can email you the script if you like. I know some folks are having issues because of the forum bug that changes those characters.

If you like, you can email me at preachersphotography@gmail.com and I'll reply with the script in a tiny zip file.

Place it in \Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Scripts folder and activate it via the Photoshop menu item FILE>SCRIPTS

If it still doesn't work, at least we will know! ;)

I get an error message in CS3

MS JScript compilation error

Line 39
Char 22
Error Expected '**'
Code 800A03F0

Hope this helps. I do not know how to change this.

I get an error message in CS3

MS JScript compilation error

Line 39
Char 22
Error Expected '**'
Code 800A03F0

Hope this helps. I do not know how to change this.

See up top! This forum doesn't allow one character for some reason. It changes every instance of that character in the code to two asterix characters.

Open the text file, do a search and replace (CTRL+H on a windows machine)

In the "Find" box, put **
In the "Replace With" box put
10.jpg

If that doesn't work, just email me and I will send you the corrected script. I have confirmed the script DOES work in CS3.:clap:

Just tried it in CS3 after changing ** and it works fine...

Cheers for spot on tip.

See up top! This forum doesn't allow one character for some reason. It changes every instance of that character in the code to two asterix characters.

Open the text file, do a search and replace (CTRL+H on a windows machine)

In the "Find" box, put **
In the "Replace With" box put
10.jpg

If that doesn't work, just email me and I will send you the corrected script. I have confirmed the script DOES work in CS3.:clap:

I should have said that I did replace all the '**' with the bracket symbol but it still came up with the error, anyhow I will PM you my email.

border.jpg

Thanks.

Hi Preacher... if you don't want to keep emailing people with it, I don't mind sticking it on my webspace for you?

I'll drop you a PM anyway, since I can't seem to get the script working :(

That sounds brilliant! I would appreciate that and when you have the link up, I'll update the top post.

Thanks!

Works fine in CS3, thanks........(y)

made a couple of mods, now have a black border/white text and a white border/black text.

Cheers works a treat.

Will this work with PS Elements 6.0 ?

Will this work with PS Elements 6.0 ?

I don't know... but you could try it out and let us know! (y)

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any way to run scripts in PSE 3.0 (or not that I can see) so unless they have changed that in later versions, you may not be able to run it.

I'll have a bash when I get home and let you know.

That works a treat, thanks very much.

Works fine for me, thanks very much for this!
It's so good in fact, I think you should sell it! Sell it on one of those script selling websites!

That would be dishonest of me!

All I did was make a couple of really minor changes to an old script that I found cluttering up my harddrive. I don't recall where exactly I got it, but I didn't write the original version. I put it up here and folks started sending me more changes.

In fact, there 3 or four parts that were written or improved upon by different people and it would be criminal for me to try and take credit for their work.

We'll just call it open source, a group effort!

Superb stuff! (y)

Thank you very much! :clap:

hehawkd9.jpg

I don't know... but you could try it out and let us know! (y)

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any way to run scripts in PSE 3.0 (or not that I can see) so unless they have changed that in later versions, you may not be able to run it.

I can find the 'script' folder to stick it in, but I can't find an option to run/use it in PSE6. The only other file in the script folder is a *.jsx and not a *.js file, if that means anything to anyone!?:shrug:

Excellent, thanks very much, and working great on CS3

exifframe.jpg

Any chance of putting focal length in it, too?

Sure!

Open the file in a Text editor and search for this line:

var strTemp = cameraModel + " "+expTime+" "+fstop+" ISO:"+iso;

And replace it with this line:

var strTemp = cameraModel + " "+expTime+" "+fstop+" ISO:"+iso+" Focal Length:"+focal;

That adds the focal length.

This is a random shot off my harddrive with the new script added for demonstration purposes.
Test_Script0.jpg

If you want to add the date the picture was taken, you can use this line instead:

var strTemp = cameraModel + " "+phoTime+" "+expTime+" "+fstop+" ISO:"+iso+" Focal Length:"+focal;

This is a random shot off my harddrive with the new script added for demonstration purposes.

Test_Script.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back