Photoshop Script for Border (with Exif data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not me guv, honest!

It appears my hosting is fubared... including the hosts main site... all my sites are currently down :crying:

www.surpasshosting.com isn't even working, so I can't get an eta or anything on repairs!

I hate the internet sometimes!

surpassing is back, but your site is still wandering the aether

I know I keep adding to this... but is there a way of opening another image file, making it a layer and adding it to the original pic. As in on the very first pic you have a copyright on your photo.

What I've done is download the free copyrightlayer.jsx script which is part of PsJsUtilities.zip. available from HERE
Then at the end of that script I have pasted on the Exif_Border script.

My first quick go at this new script.

rivington_pike_fell-0006.jpg

sorry for not getting back sooner, have been away for a few days with work, yes, there is a pop up box asking for title, and image size, border size & stroke, also managed to get script to ask which colour by prompting for RGB values, please bear with me, been very busy recently, got to get off to bed now up at 0430 ouch !
will post my additions to script code as soon as I can
Kevin :)

I rather like the layer style from Dogfish, has the code/script been posted yet?

Anyone?

OK

The instructions for adding a drop shadow (or any other styles ) can be found here. There are 2 scripts - the first one just adds a 'Style' the second one will add EXIF data to the image also.

Very cool Paul! Thanks for the addition and the instructional write-up.

This is great, thanks to Preacher and all others who've got involved and helped :clap:

A new version has been mailed to MattyH for upload.

It came from a request for a simplified, black border with just the copyright info.

Black_Border.jpg

Hi All, I've made some modifications to the script this morning.

Firstly - Thanks to preacher and the other guys that have made this great script what it is now!

I removed the resizing - for me its not what I want, I quite like the data to be there at bigger sizes.

The border size and text now dynamically size to the image at ratios that can be set by the user.

It also works with HDR images, replacing "undefined" for "HDR" in the border information.

P.M me if your interested and I'll find some web space and post a link.:wave:

Any chance of an idiot's guide to putting this in and adapting it? I'd like to use this to speed up processing, but haven't the foggiest how to!

Big Thanks to hyakuhei, was kind enougth to send me the script for full size images, works well. Recomend it to anyone looking for somthing like this.

:ty:

cosmix3

Hi All, I've made some modifications to the script this morning.

Firstly - Thanks to preacher and the other guys that have made this great script what it is now!

I removed the resizing - for me its not what I want, I quite like the data to be there at bigger sizes.

The border size and text now dynamically size to the image at ratios that can be set by the user.

It also works with HDR images, replacing "undefined" for "HDR" in the border information.

P.M me if your interested and I'll find some web space and post a link.:wave:

Well I have just downloaded the script and liked it very much. Took it apart and re-wrote chunks of it to give it a bit more functionality. I have also made any values within the script that could be changed into variables which are all located at the start of the file..

ie:

///
/// User default presets
///
///

// Picture size

var PictureWidth = 800;
var PictureHeight = 800;
var PictureResolution = 72;

// Boarder defaults

var BoarderColor = black;
var StrokeColor = white;

// Additional text defaults

var TextColour = white;
var TextCopyrightStart = "Copyright (c) ";
var TextCopyright = "Darren Hill Photography.";
var TextBold = true;
var TextFont = "CenturyOldStyleStd-Italic";
var TextSize = 12;

// Show information ?

var DisplayTop = true;
var DisplayLeft = true;
var DisplayRight = true;
var DisplayBottom = true;

// Defaults regarding year displayed in copyright notice

var UseExifYear = true;
var TextCopyrightYear = "2008"; // When UseExifYear is false (c) year is set to this....

// Defaults relating to display of the filename

var ShowExtension = false; // If you wish to show the file extension, change the n to y in the line below, if not use n.
var TextBefore = ""; // Text displayed before filename on top line
var TextAfter = ""; // Text displayed after filename on top line

// Exif data to display

var EXcameramodel = true;
var EXfstop = true;
var EXfocal = true;
var EXshutterspeed = true;
var EXiso = true;

var EXexposurebiasvalue = false;

var EXgaincontrol = false;
var EXmeteringmode = false;
var EXlightsource = false;
var EXphotime =false;
var EXwhitebalance = false;
var EXaperturevalue = false;
var EXexptime = false;
var EXmaxaperturevalue = false;
var EXflash = false;
var EXcolourspace = false;
var EXsensingmethod = false;
var EXexposuremode = false;

All kudos to those that came before me :) I have just really made it easier to use and modify to each individuals preference. It is tested under CS3 on the Mac - Can anyone check it elsewhere ???

Download new file here : ZIP FILE

Then place the file into the presets directory within photoshop (on a mac this would default to Applications:Adobe photoshop CS3:presets:confused:cripts:------).

For those that do not know js scripts are just text files so you can edit them with a normal text editor and change the details as you see fit...

Checked it on CS3 and CS2 on PC worked fine. (y)

Well I have just downloaded the script and liked it very much. Took it apart and re-wrote chunks of it to give it a bit more functionality. I have also made any values within the script that could be changed into variables which are all located at the start of the file..

ie:

///
/// User default presets
///
///

// Picture size

var PictureWidth = 800;
var PictureHeight = 800;
var PictureResolution = 72;

// Boarder defaults

var BoarderColor = black;
var StrokeColor = white;

// Additional text defaults

var TextColour = white;
var TextCopyrightStart = "Copyright (c) ";
var TextBold = true;
var TextFont = "CenturyOldStyleStd-Italic";
var TextSize = 12;

// Show information ?

var DisplayTop = true;
var DisplayLeft = true;
var DisplayRight = true;
var DisplayBottom = true;

var UseExifYear = true;
var TextCopyrightYear = "2008"; // When UseExifYear is false (c) year is set to this....

// Defaults relating to display of the filename

var ShowExtension = false; // If you wish to show the file extension, change the n to y in the line below, if not use n.
var TextBefore = ""; // Text displayed before filename on top line
var TextAfter = ""; // Text displayed after filename on top line

// Exif data to display

var EXcameramodel = true;
var EXfstop = true;
var EXfocal = true;
var EXshutterspeed = true;
var EXiso = true;

var EXexposurebiasvalue = false;

var EXgaincontrol = false;
var EXmeteringmode = false;
var EXlightsource = false;
var EXphotime =false;
var EXwhitebalance = false;
var EXaperturevalue = false;
var EXexptime = false;
var EXmaxaperturevalue = false;
var EXflash = false;
var EXcolourspace = false;
var EXsensingmethod = false;
var EXexposuremode = false;

All kudos to those that came before me :) I have just really made it easier to use and modify to each individuals preference. It is tested under CS3 on the Mac - Can anyone check it elsewhere ???

Download new file here : ZIP FILE

Then place the file into the presets directory within photoshop (on a mac this would default to Applications:Adobe photoshop CS3:presets:confused:cripts:------).

For those that do not know js scripts are just text files so you can edit them with a normal text editor and change the details as you see fit...

I think the ideal thing is to load up the script into a text editor and then make the alterations then save it with descriptive names like "800 just boarder", "800 exif-date-copy", "1000 date copy" etc

If you do this you can then just pop into the script directory and select which ever one.

*** If anyone really isn't computer literate and wants more help changing things etc just let me know.

Biggest thing to sort first is to load it into a text editor and change the line:

Change the relevant bit and save it. I have also changed the copyright date part so that it extracts the relevant data from the exif data. You can change a couple of variables to make this fixed ie:

var UseExifYear = true;
var TextCopyrightYear = "2008";

With the first line saying 'true' the 2nd line becomes irrelevant and is ignored. If you change the first line to 'false' the year will be inserted from the 2nd line. This is best left as it is unless you use a lot of old pictures!

I also made a few minor mods to the location of the text so it is not touching the edge or the boarder.

After that it was more a case of making it more flexible. It should be a simple matter to move data to where you want it but let me know if you have any problems....

I also made a few minor mods to the location of the text so it is not touching the edge or the boarder.

After that it was more a case of making it more flexible. It should be a simple matter to move data to where you want it but let me know if you have any problems....

The flexibility changes have been a big help in understanding how it works. (y)

I made a slight change to mine including the copyright symbol © (Alt 0169). I also noticed that the top text (filename) looks perfect in portrait but is out in landscape. So currently I've got separate scripts for both. I don't know if it's possible to code it the same for both ?

In the landscape version I'm using "myTextRef.position = new Array( 2, 2.3);"
In portrait "myTextRef.position = new Array( 2, 1.5);"

The flexibility changes have been a big help in understanding how it works. (y)

I made a slight change to mine including the copyright symbol © (Alt 0169). I also noticed that the top text (filename) looks perfect in portrait but is out in landscape. So currently I've got separate scripts for both. I don't know if it's possible to code it the same for both ?

In the landscape version I'm using "myTextRef.position = new Array( 2, 2.3);"
In portrait "myTextRef.position = new Array( 2, 1.5);"

Just finished making this modification for you....

Just testing it now :)

Now uploaded with Landscape/Portrait mod as requested :)

I dont think this can be used with Photoshop Elements can it?

*** If anyone really isn't computer literate and wants more help changing things etc just let me know.

thats me...:nuts: not a clue..

i moght try and read through this so i may send a pm or two if you dont mind as computers and me dont seem to work...

md(y)

thats me...:nuts: not a clue..

i moght try and read through this so i may send a pm or two if you dont mind as computers and me dont seem to work...

md(y)

No probs, just download the file and place it into the right directory for your computer. If you have a Mac then I have stated the directory in my first post. If you have a PC the correct directory is in the very first post. Once you do this you can then run the script form photoshop.

To edit the script load it into a text editor and start having a mess. I have made it easier to change now by moving all the variables to the beginning and placing them together.

Further modification................

Script now returns after creating the text on four SEPERATE layers so that these can actually be edited or removed afterwards. If you save the image as a jpeg it automatically flattens the image anyway so no disadvantages :)

Further modification................

Script now returns after creating the text on four SEPERATE layers so that these can actually be edited or removed afterwards. If you save the image as a jpeg it automatically flattens the image anyway so no disadvantages :)

ooh, good idea. (y)

Just noticed that when I run script EXIF v3 which adds the focal length of the lens, the lens size is give in 35mm equivalent. i.e. my 10-20mm lens at 20mm is listed as 30mm.

If you download my new script there are lots of options with regards to the EXIF data and the 35mm equivalent is one of the options if I remember.

Still looking for information re getting the lens name etc. I went through the EXIF data line by line whilst re-writing the script and it isn't listed in an obvious form although it must be in there somewhere because lightroom 'knows' ;)

Now uploaded with Landscape/Portrait mod as requested :)

uploaded to where? :thinking:

I'm looking to try and get it to add a layer of another file for landscape, and a different one for portrait, so that I can have a layer with copyright signs over it, thus making it annoying for folks trying to steal photos rather than buying prints from my website. Is this possible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back