Finally passed Alamy QA

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
3rd attempt but finally managed to get the first 4 flower photographs passed their QA check. Strange thing is that these were processed the same way as my previous 2 rejections.

Time to start uploading :D

Hey Baz,

I could have googled this but too lazy, whats the Alamy QA? oh and well done

oh right hehe, does that mean you get paid? or only if someone purchases them from stock?

Congratulations. Very well deserved.

Thanks all :D

I'm targetting greeting card publishers with my flower shots. I have sent some of my work direct to various companies.

I have noticed on the back of greeting cards 'image by Alamy' so have used them.

hahaha:LOL::D... I was expecting a complete run down of cotracts, commisions, website benefits, customer service and so on.....oh well...the simplest answers are always the best....

have you checked out photographersdirect.com as well.....

Cheers Baz

Baz,

Im miffed how did you process you images. im completely stuck on hiow to get tghem into the right file size etc

Baz,

Im miffed how did you process you images. im completely stuck on hiow to get tghem into the right file size etc

Here is what I do in Photoshop CS3

Open Raw image
Set all default sharpening to zero
Make changes to white balance etc
View at 100% - pan and inspect complete shot carefully
Open RAW file
Change to 16 bits/channel (image-mode-16 bits/channel)
Save as TIFF file
Make your desired adjustments to the shot – colour, brightness/contrast etc. (I try and keep this to a minimum)

Now, to get to the required size:

Go to Image – Image Size
Choose ‘Bicubic Smoother (best for enlargement)
At the top you will see: Example – ‘Pixel Dimensions: 52.2M’
You need to increase the width OR height, whichever is the greatest, so that it reads ‘Pixel Dimensions: 99.9M’, or the closest under that.
Press ‘OK’

Change back to 8 bits/channel (image-mode-8 bits/channel)

Save As – JPEG, (I always save to maximum quality 12)

On your image, (see bottom left hand corner), you should now have ‘Doc: 49.9M/49.9M or just below.

Do not reopen and resave these finished JPEG files

On a side note, regularly delete the TIFF files as they are over 50MB each.

Any problems PM me

I'm targetting greeting card publishers with my flower shots. I have sent some of my work direct to various companies. I have noticed on the back of greeting cards 'image by Alamy' so have used them.

Sounds like a good little plan you have there. I was starting to think 'gosh, more studio flower shots', but in hindsight I think you've mastered that type of shot well and are now in a position (if you have the time) to saturate the place with a massive variety of colours, crops, and flower types. Something for everyone, if a studio flower shot is what they're after! :clap:

I'll look out for you sat on a little stand at a few flowershow's next year selling greetings cards and prints/canvases of sunflowers. ;)

Nice one! I need to have another try, I got rejected back in June and have been busy with moving house etc since...

I've never tried a stock agency before then again a lot of my shots probaby would'nt pass but it's something to think about.
Do you have to upload a xx amount over a set period or after your first four have been passed their quality check can you upload single pics ?

I've never tried a stock agency before then again a lot of my shots probaby would'nt pass but it's something to think about.
Do you have to upload a xx amount over a set period or after your first four have been passed their quality check can you upload single pics ?

Frank, as far as I’m aware after your first 4 have been QA checked and passed you can upload as many, or few, as and when you want. Obviously the more images you have on there the greater chance of getting a sale.

Frank, as far as I’m aware after your first 4 have been QA checked and passed you can upload as many, or few, as and when you want. Obviously the more images you have on there the greater chance of getting a sale.

QC not QA Baz but just a note; All of your images will be Quality checked, so just make sure you keep them as good as the first ones that pass QC.

Back