Digital Framing in CS3

Name
Lindsay Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I have seen many shots on the forum with nice frames added would anyone have the time to explain how you go about adding a simple border to a photograph please, as my attempts thus far have been poor:thinking:

I found an easy way to do it in PS, tbh I really dont like all that exif data plastered rounds the sides of the pictures.

Open your image in ps
Duplicate the layer
With new layer selected, select all
Click edit > Stroke
Specify the width you want you border in px, and location 'Center' and adjust blending mode and Opacity as required, hit ok and jobs a good'un.

If you want a two or more colours round the border, just repeat the above and adjust the width to overlap the colours.

2799014719_a836d37ecc.jpg

I found an easy way to do it in PS, tbh I really dont like all that exif data plastered rounds the sides of the pictures.

Open your image in ps
Duplicate the layer
With new layer selected, select all
Click edit > Stroke
Specify the width you want you border in px, and location 'Center' and adjust blending mode and Opacity as required, hit ok and jobs a good'un.

If you want a two or more colours round the border, just repeat the above and adjust the width to overlap the colours.

2799014719_a836d37ecc.jpg

While that works it's much more complicated than necessary for such a simple border, and can leave corners rounded ('inside' works better for 90 degree corners)

I tend to use...

Image/Canvas size

Make sure the 'Relative' box is ticked and simply choose the size/colour/position of your border. For layered borders, simply repeat picking different colours

Doddle

DD

While that works it's much more complicated than necessary for such a simple border, and can leave corners rounded ('inside' works better for 90 degree corners)

I tend to use...

Image/Canvas size

Make sure the 'Relative' box is ticked and simply choose the size/colour/position of your border. For layered borders, simply repeat picking different colours

Doddle

DD

Even easier, you learn something new every day lol

Back