New camera on Canon site??

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ever it is its miiiiiiine :D :LOL:

It looks more like a series 1 body, in that there is no program dial on the top plate as the 5D has. Alternatively they may have redesigned the 5D along 1 series lines.

No point in speculating we will just have to wait

Could be the rumoured 3D or 7D or 5D MkII

But really who gives a t*ss there is still a good year or two left in my 5D

but must admit intrigued now!

At least we know they are planning something and that they're not just going to launch a new line of printers.

Certainly isn't the 50D judging by the shoulder of the case.

5D replacement is overdue, and judging by the number of lesser models released by Canon of late it could well be the preview to the launch at Pjotokina from 23rd September.

Canon has slashed its R&D budget by 12b Yen so don't expect too many stratling products in 2009/2010 :(

Pleased to see though that even the 3 year old design 5D faired very well in AP magazine test against the D700 this week :D

well it has to be something good to get back in the race so it will be worth waiting for.
i do like the cheky ness of the adverts though, there having a laugh

It's the 5D replacement, there's a similar teaser on the Japan site but it shows the body doesn't have a grip.

The preview on the main Canon site has no buttons at all. Its all touchscreen! ;)

It looks more like a series 1 body, in that there is no program dial on the top plate as the 5D has. Alternatively they may have redesigned the 5D along 1 series lines.

No point in speculating we will just have to wait

On another forum the postee did a levels adjustment of the photo and found there to be a program dial on the right shoulder (as you look at the front of the camera), no pop up flash so this bodes as a 5D replacement.

It could be the 3D, the original EOS5 film camera never had a replacement, they bought out a EOS 3 instead, and then later a EOS 30.

Is it just me that thinks that who thinks that all this advertising is a little bit lame?
Just announce it. Don't make stupid little flash animations and one-page websites with rumours. That's the sort of thing movie and video game advertisers do!
I don't remember any of this stuff with Nikon!

Is it just me that thinks that who thinks that all this advertising is a little bit lame?
Just announce it. Don't make stupid little flash animations and one-page websites with rumours. That's the sort of thing movie and video game advertisers do!

That's because Canon actually do have a PR department :woot:

Because they like to tease us. It will create an upsurge of excitement and means that magazines will be leaving space in their Photokina issue for a big news announcement as well as possibly a preview in a previous issue.

Can someone tell me what the point of that is? The general consensus is that Canon will be launching the 5D replacement at Photokina. All this does is confirm it, but in a really dull way. Given that Canon's last couple of releases have been underwhelming, maybe they're just trying their best with this one. Thing is, if the 5D replacement isn't first class it'll be a damp squib next to the D700.

probably eye control everything to eliminate any type of shake and no need to chimp anymore. :D

probably eye control everything to eliminate any type of shake and no need to chimp anymore. :D

well this supposed image of the 3d from May has eye control on it - not bothered to see how much, if any, photoshopping is on this image...

canon_eos3da.jpg

this website has some playing around with the canon teaser to highlight some extra info..

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_5d2_3d_7d.html

to my eyes the body looks smaller than my current 5D - the mode control dial looks more cramped ??

it needs to be good
pros are migrating to nikon with the D3 and now the D700.
I'm a canon fanboy....is this isn't top notch it will lose a greater market share.
no-wonder they're keeping it underwraps

The preview on the main Canon site has no buttons at all. Its all touchscreen! ;)

The whole thing has a whiff of the orchard about it doesn't it. I agree, I don't see the point for any iphone type hype IF the product is going to be good enough to stand on it's own feet anyway.

This bloomin' new 5 from canon has been waited for and rumored for so long that canon could sneak it into shops without a single word and the whole world (that actually cares) would know within hours.

Does anyone else think that this camera has been delayed a few times, to try and get it a step ahead of the new Nikons and now they've run out of time and here it comes.......... ready or not. :shrug:

Here's hoping to see some nice thing coming out...IMHO the whole Digic 3 generation was a bit of a disaster so wasn't really surprized to see the Digic 4 in the 50D.

Let's hope Canon gets it right this time;)

Here's hoping to see some nice thing coming out...IMHO the whole Digic 3 generation was a bit of a disaster so wasn't really surprized to see the Digic 4 in the 50D.

Let's hope Canon gets it right this time;)

In what way has Digic 3 been a disaster?

it needs to be good

It needs to be very very good seeing as this will be launched at Photokina too.

a900.jpg

Apparently specs include:

"24.6 Mega Pixel Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor – Dual BIONZ Image Processing Engine – Intelligent Preview – 100% Viewfinder, 0.74x Magnification – 3.0”, 921K-out Hybrid LCD – 9-point C Dual-cross AF (with f2.8 and wide-area 10-point – 5 fps Continuous Shooting – SteadyShot INSIDE"

In what way has Digic 3 been a disaster?

EOS 1D Mk III!

If it wasn't a disaster why release the digic 4 so soon?:whistle:

What was the life span of the Digic 2 by comparison?

It needs to be very very good seeing as this will be launched at Photokina too

The truth is that the way the market works now, anything launched by Sony, Oly or whoever needs to be twice as good as a canon or nikon to actually compete.

Maybe, the next gen of models will start to address that. :shrug:

The truth is that the way the market works now, anything launched by Sony, Oly or whoever needs to be twice as good as a canon or nikon to actually compete.

Maybe, the next gen of models will start to address that. :shrug:

I've a sneaking suspicion that, unless Sony have majorly cocked up in one way or another, this might be. I certainly think that it's going to steal most of the new 5D's thunder at Photokina.

I suppose with time anything and everything becomes obsolete but in it's class the 5D is just such a fabulous camera that I really cannot see how they can improve on the concept except by slapping in a lot of gadgetry and hyping it with hot air...

Which might possibly work miracles and cause record sales in the U.S.:D:boxer::D

Does anyone else think that this camera has been delayed a few times, to try and get it a step ahead of the new Nikons and now they've run out of time and here it comes.......... ready or not. :shrug:

Duke Nukem 5D :D 'When its done'

I'm sure the idea of posting those animations was to get people talking about it, which it has done...

I hope it's a mk3 replacement. I'm guessing its a 5D type thing though.

The words "awaited" and "eagerly" come to mind.

They know its coming, we know its coming, and they know we know its coming.... etc; the next couple of weeks will be a bit of a larf won't they?

Perhaps a leak or two, a full spec appearing on a chinese website ( and then being withdrawn) ...

It's all adding to the anticipation.:naughty:

Whatever Sony or other upstart does I don;t see pro's buying them in droves. Pro's buy Canon or Nikon becuase of the backup and availability of top quality lenses. No matter how many megapixels and other gadgets you pack into a Sony it won't be taken seriously by pros no matter how good it is.

I can only assume this is the 5D replacement whatever it is called. The 5D is a fine camera though don't forget and has one of the best lens ranges available to it. The megapixel rate doesn't interest me much beyond about 10Mp so the real focus for me will be on better metering and AF. I used to have an EOS3 some years ago and the AF probably better than on my 40D and arguably the metering was better too.

I very much doubt this will be another EOS1 model as they don't really need to advertise these.

I still don't see what Digic 3 is a disaster?

EOS 1D Mk III!

If it wasn't a disaster why release the digic 4 so soon?:whistle:

What was the life span of the Digic 2 by comparison?

That had nothing to do with digic3 though did it? :thinking:

I hope it's a mk3 replacement. I'm guessing its a 5D type thing though.

Can't see it being a MkIII replacement to be honest, the 5D is long overdue and the MkIII is still fairly new.

On the other hand a Mk4 could possibly stop the flow of pro's to Nikon. But that would mean a 1D and a 1Ds, nah, can't see it just yet.

That had nothing to do with digic3 though did it? :thinking:

Can't see it being a MkIII replacement to be honest, the 5D is long overdue and the MkIII is still fairly new.

On the other hand a Mk4 could possibly stop the flow of pro's to Nikon. But that would mean a 1D and a 1Ds, nah, can't see it just yet.

Well the only D-SLRS to have the digic III processor were the 2 1D models, the 40D and the 450D AND 1000D. The 40D is now "replaced" by the 50D.

I can see the 1D MkIII being given a slight cosmetic face lift (IIIN?)

Haven't heard much about hassles with 1Ds MkIII bodies but then there are not as many of them around as there are 1D Mk IIIs.

If the problem is not so much the Digic III it is interesting to see that Canon came up with a Digic IV so quickly:cautious:

Maybe to regain customer confidence?

Must agree, the 5D is way overdue for an upgrade by all D-SLR standards BUT there were 20 months between the 1D MkII and the IIN.

The 1D Mk III is now about 18 months old...

Why not a 1d MK3'n' ?

I would bet good money on this possibility but wonder if they would put a Digic III in it or give it a more major revamp, slap in a Digic IV and call it a Mk IV?

Ah well, time will tell

Agree with the points on here with regards AF, to move this camera (5D) up in to a league of the D700 and D300 Nikons) it needs to have a much better AF system. That said I don't think it will as Canon will see it as taking customers away from the 1 series bodies??:nono:

Anyway upgrading the AF system in the new model is the only way Canon will get me to upgrade from my 5D, even if they do come out with a silly 20Mb pixel monster :puke: I'll stick with the old one and buy a 1 series body.

Yes i think canon will be fools to not put pro-level AF like the nikon D300 and D700 has, into the 5D replacement.
All the same i don't think they will :LOL::wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back