1/12 Honda GL1000 Goldwing

That's a great study - way before Honda turned the 'Goldie' into a two-wheeled caravan!

That's a great study - way before Honda turned the 'Goldie' into a two-wheeled caravan!

Good description! :LOL: I think I'm correct in believing Honda have even fitted a reverse gear to later Wings, and increased the capacity to 1800cc! :eek:

Been thinking of a Canon 10-22 recently, to get me even closer to the action, but don't know if it would be much of an advantage over the 17-40.:thinking:

Last edited:
Not so much a reverse gear as using the starter motor to power the thing backwards. IIRC the procedure involves a lever under the left cheek. I have a feeling that they investigated the possibility of using a reverse gear but that it fell foul of some countries' laws and would have made it a 2 wheeled car rather than a motorcycle!

Not so much a reverse gear as using the starter motor to power the thing backwards. IIRC the procedure involves a lever under the left cheek. I have a feeling that they investigated the possibility of using a reverse gear but that it fell foul of some countries' laws and would have made it a 2 wheeled car rather than a motorcycle!

Now that you mention it, that does ring a bell.

While the model is remarkably good, it's not *that* good (screwheads shout 'model' for example) and although the photography does a fantastic job of making it look real, going in so close shows up the obvious differences. Great images though.

Very cool- I don't like these as much as the car shots (possibly cause they don't have the double take quality about them), but they are still great!

Back