1/2 a mile west of the Crimea pass

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I could see a break in the clouds around 19:00 so I quickly grabbed my bag and set of for the hills I parked at the top of the Crimea pass near Blaenau ffestiniog and made my way towards Moel Druman. Typically conditions then deteriorated however it was nice to be out and about.

I spent most of the time admiring the view as conditions were not great for photography. On my way back to the car I grabbed these.

A glow from Pen y Pass area. Taken with a 70-700 f2.8 at 200mm.

A glow from the direction of Pen y pass by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Sheep on the hill

The perfect location for a sunset is the ridge directly behind the sheep. I will have to get to that location quite soon.

Mountain sheep by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Last edited:
The light through the valley in that first image made me "Oh" out loud!

Yes thats a interesting shot the light travelling through the valley. Then you get the realisation where you should of been its a Bu99er isnt it, but you know by the time you get to the other location the light will have gone:(. You just cant win sometimes can you. However theres something about the shot.... quite haunting, i keep going back and looking at it.

I see you have some of Kevins friends in number 2 ;)

Both are outstanding images imo, with #1 ahead for the fine subtlety of its light, shade, colour, and composition.

Both pictures lovely. 1: Lovely warm, calming light. 2. you definitelly got almost all sheeps attention! :)

Back