1 Of my first Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
It may not be brilliant but this was one of the first photos i took and editied. any comments would be nice

Thanks

Not edited

Not_Edidted.jpg

edited

Loads_of_editing.jpg

I think you would be better seeking the best light, and waiting on it. Sunrise and Sunset is best. Keep at it and post back.

Gary.

not keen on the edited one sorry, (prefer the original) but has gary said would look very nice at sunrise/set you have the right location just get it at the right time and you'd have a beautiful picture.

thanks sim

I'd make two adjustments to your editing process:

First: the horizon is wonky :nono:
second: (and more subjective) perhaps slightly too close-cropped from top and/or bottom. I'd prefer it less panoramic, if you know what I mean?

Not bad for a first shot. Composition's ok but as has already been pointed out the poor light let your image down. Go back as Gary suggested at sunrise or sunset or on a sunnier day and you'll have a great shot. The edited version with the artificial filter doesn't work for me.

Nice try for a 1st photo, a little editing and you could improve it. With more practise you'll be able to get it right in camera too.

Here's a quick edit to the levels in your photo, not brilliant because of the small file size that you've uploaded.
And before the horizon police mention it...no I haven't straightened them :p;

Not_Edidtededit1.jpg

And one that's cropped and added a warming filter;

Not_Edidtededited2.jpg

I actually quite like Jonny's edit :p

It's pulled something aesthetically pleasing out of an what was a pretty dreary old shot (I mean that in a good way!).

It's hard to find much use for images that sort of dimension though.

Last edited:
Back