10 Stop Jetty

The space around the figure is captured perfectly but I feel like the figure itself is too central and the pair of wheels bottom right is quite distracting. Maybe a crop of up to the top of the wheels would sort it out? definately worth a go because it has a lot of potenial, imo.

I love long exposures but the addition of the person makes this out of the ordinary for those types of shots. Stunning is the word I'd give it. Get it printed and on the wall.

Yeah, like it. Screams isolation and desolation. B&w was, obviously the only way. For me, thought, it's the fact the horizon isn't visible that takes it up a level or too.

Good show.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys, this is a particularly poignant shot for me as I was in a very thoughtful mood this morning as it would have been my dads 70th birthday today. I think it's probably for this reason it gave me the idea for the shot as I was looking out over the water.

Beautiful....but if the figure were a little less central...perfect.

What post processing was done on this? Curious if you did anything to make the horizon invisible

Lovin' this... Great name also, very inspirational. Excellent piece.

Now that's how to use a 10 stop a fantastic image well worthy of hanging and any wall

This is the only good 10 stop image I've seen. Great work

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone, appreciate it.

What post processing was done on this? Curious if you did anything to make the horizon invisible
Yeah, I just ran over it a couple of times with the brush tool in Lightroom with the clarity right down. It wasn't the most defined horizon but I wanted it gone completely to give the image more impact....Well, in my eyes anyway :)

Spot on Gary- the old 10 stop is a really cracking bit of glass

Les :clap:

How did you get him to stand so still.

I'm not 100% on a few things, one it's noisy and two the invisible horizon.

Other than that its very well thought out and composed. Without the wheels there would be too much dead space

I really like that shot a lot. People complain about the 10 stopper being used too much but when it's used creatively like it is here and includes a very strong human shape i think it's been done perfectly. Top shot.

Thanks again everyone, I'm pretty surprised how well this has been received by people.

How did you get him to stand so still.

I was me and I'm not sure how I managed to stand so still, especially considering I had my back to my camera that was left on the beach for two minutes :)

Great photo, would be really happy if i have taken that. only comment - would it had even more of an effect if the subject was quite so central in the picture?

Brilliant image.

Compositionally it all works for me.

If you'd decided to put the figure on the right 3rd there would possibly have been too much dead space to the left and if you'd put the figure on the left 3rd it/you would have been looking out of the frame. The central figure works for me but each to their own (y)

Cracking image though...

;)

Wow! That's fantastic. :)

Thanks again for all the cimments everyone. As for me being in the middle that was very conscious decision by me, I know it breaks the rules etc but for me this image doesn't with the suject anywhere else in the frame, but as said before, all personal views.

It's a very strong image, for me the central composition works well, too many get hung up on rules that only restrict them :)

Back