10 stopper issue - anyone know what this is?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Currently in the South of France enjoying a weeks camping.
Went for a picnic today down in the local gorge, right next to a stream.
Decided to try the 10 stopper and this is what I ended up with.
If you can notice at the bottom of the image towards the right hand side, some bizarre artifacts which have affected half a dozen photos, although in each image it differs somewhat.
I ensured I had long exposure NR on, so can't seem to understand what is is. I only realised when I got back to the campsite the existence of the artifacts. I tried to replicate it by taking some further shots here, but could not see a repeat. So I'm confused! To be clear, I ensured the eyepiece to the viewfinder was covered, used a Hoya 77mm circular polarizer filter with a 10 stopper SRB screwed into it. Exposure of 80 seconds.
Would appreciate anyone's advice here. Camera is a 5D mk 1.

by nealmondo75, on Flickr

Yes same scene. It would take me ages to load since the wifi here in the campsite is soooooo slowwwwww!
Can I ask what you're thinking?

Cheers
Neil

Are you sure? 80 second exposure can reveal things that are not visible to the naked eye.

Now you've got me thinking! I'll have another go in the next couple of days and see what happens.

Agreed, looks like something in the scene rather than any issue with your 10 stopper, perhaps a little bit of sun glimmering in the water??

Back