1897 Antique Clock Cogs (NEW which boarder?)

Edit My Images
Yes
This watch was my Granddads when he was alive, over 100 years old and still works! My dad wanted some pictures to send off for an evaluation with the markings etc. I managed to get time to play and get a shot I was happy with for myself with a slight artistic antique look to it.

C+C welcom

EDIT..which boarder do you prefere?

TEST2-Copy.jpg

TEST4-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Good photo,nice movement
.From a watch and clockmakers point of view it could do with a good clean and service

Good photo,nice movement
.From a watch and clockmakers point of view it could do with a good clean and service

I dont really want to clean or service it tbh, I always see these programs that say, 'it could be work £100,000, but because you cleaned it, its work 50p! lol

plus Ii like the old look :)

EDIT just had a check inside and it is actually extremely clean and shiny, its the way I processed the picture style. lol only much is in the edges etc.

Last edited:
quality is oozing from your photo but as said would be nice to see a photo after it is cleaned too. (y)

I have a 'normal' pic if you would like me to post it?

Its just around the actual cogs and splines that it looks like old oil.This can damage the movement.Most people service their cars but forget about their watches and clocks.This is all i would get done.Nothing touched on the case etc.If you put up original photo as said it might look better.

there we go just two quick shots.....It does look different again to the watch in person, I think the flash is highlighting things more..... :)

clock_1.jpg

clock.jpg

yes def looks better in those shots.But a regular clean and oil wouldn't go amiss.For all it costs.

thanks for comments, havent had many replies was starting to think they were pants! lol

really good pics of watch workings! as for the borders I like the second one (just top and bottom border)

:clap:

Great shots Robbo (y) First one for me.

Back