1D MKIII tips??

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got a hold of my 1D MKIII and was wondering how other people have set them up. I've been using a MKI for years now and know it very well.

Obviously there are a lot of differences and things you can change on the III. Its had the fix to sort out any alleged problems and I've got the AF set to a medium sensetivity.

So are there any other useful tips out there for me??

There are so many things you can change that it depends on what you are shooting.. there even different setting for different sports (I dont change thought)

from a mk1 to a mkIII yer gonna think theres somehtign wrong wiht the battery not running out in the first hr :)

There are so many things you can change that it depends on what you are shooting.. there even different setting for different sports (I dont change thought)

from a mk1 to a mkIII yer gonna think theres somehtign wrong wiht the battery not running out in the first hr :)

Thats true Tony!
I can't believe how long the battery lasts on the mark III. So much so that whilst I was intending to get a spare (probably not an original Canon one) I just didn't bother.

Mind you I'm not doing this for a living, so I guess that would make a difference.

cheers

Battery rocks, I shot about 1000 frames over 16 ours with mine yesterday, didn't even tickle it, still showing full bars !

I mainly shoot at airshows these days but also do a lot of things like steam trains and wildlife.

I'm looking forward to the extra battery life although I cant say as I agree that the MKI was that bad. With the replacement type batteries they are not so good, but with an original canon battery in good shape it would easily do me for a days shooting, almost two in some cases.

I tend to pick my shots when shooting though, I'm not one for carpet bombing my subjects :LOL:

Back