1st and 2nd attempts at star trails

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Ok , I thought I would give the star trails a bash, I read up on the star man himself MWHCVT's(Matt) Guide to star trails but never managed to get anywhere near the same amount of frames due to the clouds rolling in, I live In Manchester, Extremely light polluted where I am, These were from my back garden. With all this in mind I have attempted this twice, Once on fri the 10th and again tonight.

I know they are far from perfect but what I would like to know is am I going in the right direction with settings etc..

I am in wales for a week next week so I was going to give it a bash there.

Thanks

Try 1 star trails by mattd85, on Flickr

star trail attempt No 2 by mattd85, on Flickr

Matt

Firstly I'm pleased that you've found my guide to be useful (y) in an urban environment these have come out really well :clap: obviously there is the slight issue of gaps in the trails, but you've targeted polaris really well (y)

I along with Darrell (thedodo) are putting a meet on at the end of the year which you maybe interesting in (y) HERE

Matt

Firstly I'm pleased that you've found my guide to be useful (y) in an urban environment these have come out really well :clap: obviously there is the slight issue of gaps in the trails, but you've targeted polaris really well (y)

I along with Darrell (thedodo) are putting a meet on at the end of the year which you maybe interesting in (y) HERE

Matt

Just signed up for you're meet up, Thanks for taking the time to look Matt, In regards to the breaks in the trails, do you mean from one trail to another, or within each trail?? I hope that makes sense:bonk:.

Just signed up for you're meet up, Thanks for taking the time to look Matt, In regards to the breaks in the trails, do you mean from one trail to another, or within each trail?? I hope that makes sense:bonk:.

I'm on about the breaks in the trails from individual stars (y) will be great to have you on the meet (y) it should be a lot of fun :D

I'm on about the breaks in the trails from individual stars (y) will be great to have you on the meet (y) it should be a lot of fun :D

Gotcha! So how has that happened? to long a pause in one frame to the other?

I am going to give this a go soon.
Will try mine at the church :)
Nice pic for your first attempt.

Back