1st BTEC Assignment "Growing in the Light"

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Ok folks been ages since I posted anything started my BTEC in September and this is the work for my first assignment which was studio lightng and flowers. I wll only post a few the rest are in my Flicker ifyou fancy a look, 16 images in all.

All pictures were taken in a light tent with a combination of spotlights (2 desk lamps), what you think, the final hand in date hasn't pased yet so still time to tweek.

5367312233_42363b290f_z.jpg

5367298589_83ffa30fef_z.jpg

5367281119_50a5f87951_z.jpg

5367888124_eff0df9e7e_z.jpg

5367872592_07a780ca0c_z.jpg

Last edited:
I like them :) lovely and sharp and I like the small depth of field, and the focus seems to be in the right place. Can't really fault them (from my limit knowledge of lighting).

Thanks guys for your comments, do the few black and white images work with the colour or would it be better with a full set of colour? I thought it broke it up a bit but some people though different.

Jimmy,

Yeah its not a bad lens for £50 :)

Any one else?

1 and 2 so nothing for me, they are pretty bog standard flower shots.

3 and 4 stand out as the best of the bunch, 3 is a little more unusual and I like the contrast of colour on black of the thistle.

For me the black and white doesn't really work, lacks much interest. Surely flowers are about colours and shapes, #2 doesn't show either particularly well?

no 1 is beautiful - spot on composition and focus, and those water droplets really add interest :)
well done! :)

Another vote for No..1 - Great shot.

I think you'll be O.K with those :clap:

(y)

Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback it really is much appreciated and all taken on board.

Matt,

If I am being honest the B&W were put in to break up the colour and show I can do B&W lol, but I am thinking of just using colour now. Thanks again, I will try and see if I can get a lilly at the weekend, I LUV your one on flicker

Ian

Back