1st go at classic traffic light trails

and this one which was one of few like this which were going to be my favourites, until I realised that my tripod head wasn't holding camera steady in portrait & was drooping during shot :crying::crying::

IMG_1316_edited-1 by Jon_Chalk, on Flickr

#3 and then #4 my favs, rest are just black with lights, my favs have better details in the scene, I can see you swapped position in #2 think if youd have the lighter shots that would be better, try get the full s shape (y)

Looks like a really good location which I would be very interested in details of to be able to add the location on to the light trails map (y) details of that can be found HERE I think once you've sorted out your tripod issues you will be good to go (y) you could do with running slightly longer exposures (y) you may find it useful to give my guide to light trails a quick read, there is a link to that in my signature (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Looks like a really good location which I would be very interested in details of to be able to add the location on to the light trails map (y)

SECRET until I master light trails !!!;)

Oh alright then - new A421 dual carriageway off J13 M1 towards Bedford; bridge accessed from old A421.

I'll post info to map thread so you can add it to map.

It's on way home from work, so I can practice a bit over winter - will check out guide, cheers Matt

Last edited:
#3 and then #4 my favs, rest are just black with lights, my favs have better details in the scene, I can see you swapped position in #2 think if youd have the lighter shots that would be better, try get the full s shape (y)

Thanks for feedback Dave - Hopefully I can get some better ones towards setting or set sun once I get a lens mount for my tripod - It's a bit front heavy with 70-200 on it & friction lock not holding.

Can't quite get full s-shape as geography would mean other bits disappear, but as it's on way home from work, I can practice a bit.

Back