1st go with 50mm f1.8 (Black and White edit added)

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I brought a 50mm f1.8 from the classifieds earlier this week and was eager to get out an have a go!:LOL:
I had to drag my unwilling models to the park and this was the result!
I think both there coat sleeves are too long and it's not really a serious portrait just had to have a play with the lens!

My Girls by cotty332000, on Flickr

Last edited:
not a bad photo at all....

composure wise it may have benefit from the kids not being right next to the tree, so this could have been blurred into the background

It looks crystal clear and a nice bokeh too; what aperture did you use for this shot? Looks like it's going to serve you well!

This was f2.8 as the little one was slightly in front and wanted them both in focus!
But yes seems a nice sharp lens with nice bokeh!:)

Mono version is better for me- I too agree about them being too close to the tree,but hey Now you know for next time :D

Les (y)

Have you pp them ??

Really impressed with this lens

Mono version is better for me- I too agree about them being too close to the tree,but hey Now you know for next time :D

Les (y)

Yes you live an Learn!(y)

Have you pp them ??

Really impressed with this lens

No pp on the girls,just processed the RAW file in general.
This lens gives you that "pop" where the in focus part seems to stand off the rest of the image!
I have been out again today and must say I think this will be on the camera most alot of the time!:love:

What program are you using to edit?

you want to reduce the hardness of the clone option and increase the size of the brush. (sorry if you have a package that does not allow those options)

What program are you using to edit?

you want to reduce the hardness of the clone option and increase the size of the brush. (sorry if you have a package that does not allow those options)

Thanks for the advice!(y)

I have PSE10 so can do that!

I have done a re-edit as you suggested and it blends much better!Thanks!(y)

Steven001 said:
It looks crystal clear and a nice bokeh too; what aperture did you use for this shot? Looks like it's going to serve you well!

Is it me or does the ipad app not show the images on here clearly? Tis is not the first time I've looked at something and thought the image wasn't as sharp as I'd expect

Anyhow.....I quite like the composition actually, and prefer the colour version just because of the autumn leaves

siblingchris said:
Is it me or does the ipad app not show the images on here clearly? Tis is not the first time I've looked at something and thought the image wasn't as sharp as I'd expect

Anyhow.....I quite like the composition actually, and prefer the colour version just because of the autumn leaves

Can't comment on iPad app,but it is sharp on my laptop and as others have said it's sharp on their screens which would suggest it is something to do with the iPad app!

Thanks for the comments!

Back