1st macro session...

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
OOoofff, this wasn't easy...

Nikon 105mm. Macro rail. 1 bee. Stacked. I have a few more but my laptop keeps crashing :bonk:

I've just seen the tutorial at the beginning of this section and I need to read it...main issue was lighting. I was using cheap macro lighting so any advice would be appreciated....and, of course, any other feedback...(y)

The bee gave his life for the good of photography. It was deceased before I started.

Bee 1 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Bee 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi ya

glad to see no bee's were harmed in this shoot :LOL:

How many images did you stack for this ? What " cheap macro lighting " ?

Liking the detail you got from stacking though (y)

Hi ya

glad to see no bee's were harmed in this shoot :LOL:

How many images did you stack for this ? What " cheap macro lighting " ?

Liking the detail you got from stacking though (y)

Hi, bit of a cheat PMing you a link to this post :nono: but glad I did so someone looked at it :D

Lighting was here linky cheap as chips and essentially it's a torch.

I think it was around 11 photographs. Lighting was the main issue...no diffusion...not that I know if I needed it.

Trouble is...now I want to get closer...so am looking at there...linky....but all I'm doing is looking....:D

Cheers.

Hmmmm... WEX & a couple of other UK shops have the extension tubes a smidge cheaper .Been picking a macro expert's brains & it's diffused light that could be the way to go rather than a ring flash thingy . I've been trawling through the stickie by Alby in this section & can feel a tube of pringles coming on...simple enough to make , seems to have the desired effect & best of all....you get to eat pringles :LOL:

Nice stack!
I have borrowed a cheap (£35) set of tubes from a mate of mine, they are very plasticy but they get you that extra bit of magnification. I have a cheap Marumi ring-flash, which helps a lot, but you do get nasty highlights where you don't want them. I am going to try using my 430EXII with a TTL cable and a bracket to get it round the end of my lens.
Have a look at Polaroid automatic extension tubes, they look pretty much like the kenko ones but are less the half the price.

Back