Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
To all TP'ers.

The 2012 TalkPhotography™ TP Day!

Date: Sunday 9th September 2012

OFFICIAL ENTRIES THREAD: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=433896

Wow! We are now into the third year and instalment of TP Day! The challenge is for as many people on the forum as possible to take one picture on the 9th September 2012 that represents your photographic passion with one image. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date. Editing and PP is allowed – the competition has no content boundaries.

TP Day 2011 saw over 120 photographers take part - and this year we want even more!

Check out the 2011 TP Day Slideshow here!

If your chosen subject allows, it would be great if we could have some shots indicative of the time of day again so that we can have a transition and feeling of time passing through the TP Membership.

The TP staff and I would love for as many of the active membership to participate as possible – be they professional, hobbyist or just starting out. You can take the image by yourself, organise a meet or use a studio with other members, or get some friends together, the decision is yours. TP Day is for everyone - brand new members who sign up to take part, right through to *caugh* all the oldies who joined TP when it was a regular analogue meet up on the vehicle race/demo circuits. All you have to do, is pick up your camera and take some shots, then post them into the TP Day 2012 thread. It really is that simple. This year I want it to be bigger and more awesome than ever, with as many of the 49,306 ( :eek: ) members as possible taking part.

All the images will then be put into a special online gallery – to showcase and demonstrate the simply amazing talent and people that this forum harbours. There will also be a slideshow made up of all the images for your viewing pleasure. Every image will be included; this challenge is about uniting TalkPhotography with the subject that binds us – the love of taking photographs. Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

This year we will be producing a special photobook which will contain all the images submitted. These will go on general sale to the forum in time for christmas. You can of course chose not to have your picture included in this should you wish.

For the slideshow and book we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your high resolution final image to tpday12(at)talkphotography.co.uk along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together. These will be required by the 5th of October (this is to allow for PP, and any special film processing that may be needed).

Spread the word! This forum is simply superb, so let us give something back and unite in one day!

TP Day 2012 Guidelines

Key Notes
  • TP Day Date: Sunday 9th September 2012
  • Submissions Deadline: 5th of October 2012
  • Submissions Email Address for Full Res Versions: tpday12(at)talkphotography.co.uk

Submission Guidelines

If you do not want your picture included in the photobook & official slideshow please do not email your image over.

Disclaimer - Please note that this is about FUN! I will do my very best to get it as spot on as possible, but please don't direct and untoward negativity toward me or the staff on TP if something is not quite as you would like. It is a purely voluntary and non commercial project. That isn't to say that we wont do our very best to correct any mistakes/omissions/tweaks!

Please include your username in the subject line of your email when sending over your high resolution versions.

I will draw up a list of received images on submission day so you can check that your image was successfully received.

Please be sensible with the resolutions ie I wont need a 30 meg raw file - I will provide more information on specific size needed when we have the photobook details finalised.

General Guidance
If possible, please synchronise your camera clock with GMT if in UK (by internet or dialling 123 on your telephone) and please (please!) ensure that the date on your camera is right! This makes the process of putting the images into order a lot easier by using their Meta Data.

Disclaimer - Please note that this is all about FUN! I will do my very best to get TP Day 2012 as spot on as possible, but please don't direct and untoward negativity toward me or the staff on TP if something is not quite as you would like. It is a purely voluntary and non commercial project. That isn't to say that we wont do our very best to correct any mistakes/omissions/tweaks!

Finally...

I have been overwhelmed by the love and support that TP Day has been given both this year and in the past. It is all hugely appreciated! Those of you who have offered to help this year will be getting some pm's off of me shortly - and I think we have most angles covered in terms of man and woman power - but if you think you can offer something to the project please shout up (send me a pm!). For anyone else who would like to help, please spread the word far and wide to all your photography friends on TP and beyond! The day is about celebrating photography and TP, and giving the staff here a taster and example of what all their hard work throughout the year on TP heralds.

How to Keep Track of Updates on TP Day 2012
  • Subscribe to this thread!
  • Follow TalkPhotography on Twitter which will tweet everytime we amend or update this thread with reminders and throughout the day.

Stay tuned for the Official TP Day 2012 Forum Signature!

Leave an 'Im In' post here to sign up, and hit the Facebook, Twitter and G+ buttons below when you do!

Last edited:
Official Forum Signature is here! Copy and paste the below into your sig and help spread the word!

[CENTER][URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=428462"][IMG]http://www.smooth.so/TP/tpdaysig.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Just copy and paste the above into your My TP>Edit Signature.

A HUGE thank you to Simon (Simmotino) for his work on the sig artwork. He does fantastic work on logos commercially, so if you would like one then check out his website - http://www.shinybrown.com

Last edited:
I'm definitely in :) I land in Berlin on the 9th so I can't wait :D

I'm definitely in :) I land in Berlin on the 9th so I can't wait :D

you're so keen you've still got last years signature link :clap:

Been a member a little while now so will give it a go

you're so keen you've still got last years signature link :clap:

Lol cheers sir - and for the pm. Overwrite hadn't gone through, but has now. Anyone who still had the old logo in their sig will automatically be updated.

You guys are seriously quick off the mark!

added the signature... looking forward to this.. even though my plan for last years shot fell to pieces :bonk:

i'm definitely in

Sounds a great idea

Yep Im in, will probably be something like a horse or tractor pulling a plough as it seems thats where I will be on that date rain or shine.

Will go for my hat trick of TP day's, great seeing all the different ideas and thanks as ever to the organisers

Gah, why must theae always fall on my night shifts... On the plus side, you can guarantee daft o clock is covered. Im in.

I'm in (y)

Count me in too

OK

I will have a go as well :)

I have started a meet for any wildlife enthusiast for TP day, you can find it in the meeting place north England, We will be going to Dunham Massey , I would put a link in but I'm on my phone and in work :(,

Matt

PS: Loved the slideshow of last year's work! I hope we can far surpass that!

PPS: Any special instructions for the colonies? :D There is a possibility of our pictures being technically taken the day after (or is it the day before?). Either way...

PS: Loved the slideshow of last year's work! I hope we can far surpass that!

PPS: Any special instructions for the colonies? :D There is a possibility of our pictures being technically taken the day after (or is it the day before?). Either way...

Thats Ok Rustico - seeing the different timezones slotted in (Wails last year) was really effective and it gave the slideshow a real global feel!

Awesome that we picked your birthday too! (y)

Back