1st

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_69I7909-Edit.jpg

A slomo with light painting.

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

That's really very nice, I really like the cool blue tones of the image, I'm just wondering if it would be better with out the two posts closest to the camera, they would clone out very easily, and congratulations on being the first to post in this wonderful new section (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Tom,

Wow the blue tones are fantastic, well done.

I have to agree with Matt about the two front posts, it would be interesting to see the shot with them cloned out .... to compare the shots. Also, I find the white dot/light/sun on the right slightly distracting.

Otherwise a stunning shot :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hello Tom beautiful Landscape (y) the two posts IMO brought my eye nicely indeed into the rest of the image, was a flash used ? also agree with other comments regarding the light and that structure on the horizon, for me it just takes the eye away from a truly awesome Landscape throughout (y):clap:

Yeah, like it! Comments about the nearest post, yes: but OTOH, alternatively crop tighter to take them further out to the edges, (on the edges, even) would that work as well? If I'm being hyper-critical, those two may even be a little over-exposed, in comparison to the rest.
Quick dab with the cloning brush for that light on the horizon. I don't think it's the structure itself, just the light blip.
Like all critique, it's easy to say when you've got time to stop and look and look again and again. Then come back for another look :) First non-critique glance got a 'wow' :)
That blue is just great and the long exposure water and sky is spot-on.

:clap:Really like the pic, as it is! I think the posts in the foreground lead nicely into the meat of the picture.
Personally I would not change any aspect of it!:clap:

Very nice and serene scene with a hint of something going on behind the hills in bg - works for me.

very nice shot....could someone explain to me what light painting is? or is it just another name for using the touch up brush in lightroom?

Andy.

Many thanks all for your interesting comments. If the 2 front posts are removed you then loose the 'light painting' effect which is one of the purposes of the foto. There removal also creates 2 large voids which, to me, are crying out to have an object of in. A case of personal preferences.

@Silvermuir - light painting is using a light source, like a torch, during a long exposure to randomly light up a selected area(s) during that exposure.

@kidslateinlife - taken at Derwent waters, Lake District.

Tom

Back