2 Lancs and Vulcan at RAF Waddington, 21st August 2014

Name
Kenton
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from the RAF Waddington website (Which is currently having difficulties)

We are thrilled to announce that on Thursday 21st August 2014 the last two remaining airworthy Lancaster bombers, PA474 flown by Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and FM213 flown by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum will fly in to RAF Waddington where they will be joined by the famous delta wing Vulcan Bomber XH558.

Accompanying the line up will be two Hawk aircraft flown by 100 Squadron from RAF Leeming.

We know that there will be considerable interest in this therefore the Station will be providing parking on the base for members of the public who wish to see this exciting line up from the safety of a Park and View Enclosure (PAVE).

For all you aircraft enthusiasts out there this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see these iconic aircraft all together so it is our intention to position the three historical aircraft in such a way on the airfield that people using the PAVE facility will have a vantage point from which to take photographs. The aircraft will then depart RAF Waddington to display at various events around the country.

Kenton, I've taken the liberty of quoting this post in the thread called "2 Lancs flying together" (or similar) in the Talk Photography area.

I'm hoping to see the pair of Lancs at Dawlish a couple of days later but not sure if the Vulcan will be there as well.

Back