2 men in a boat

Name
keith
Edit My Images
Yes
my favourite shot i've taken i think, pre dslr on my old compact.

portlifeboat.jpg

I love the color on the boat against the black and white of the photo.

very nice

Nice shot, I would darken the sky slightly and crop of some of the bottom, brighten the other boat's and a slight curves adjustment.

Had a play, hope you don't mind.

4995415490_78dfc881e9_b.jpg

I think Steve's edit helps it.
When I looked at the original my eye was drawn immediately to the LB (obviously) and I had to hunt around for the two blokes in the boat so I could tie that up with the title. In the crop it all falls into place better - even though it's not a big change it does make a difference (IMO) The background boats have benfitted with a bit more contrast too.

The edit is deffinately the better pic, I quite like the selective colouring in this shot as well, it works for me anyway :)

thanks guys, i prefer the edit to the original too. my intention when i took the shot was always to have the orange of the lifeboat against a bw background, i don't know enough about composition yet to have the sense to bring other elements into play-like lightening the other boats and cropping to make it more pleasing to look at. but that's why i'm here so
hopefully i'll gain more of an eye for detail in time and pick up some editing tips whilst on the forum.

i'm going to revisit the site to get some shots with my dslr some time so that when i come to edit them i'll have a better base image to play with.

Back