200m to go

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
2 shots from 2 track meets at Loughborough University, both of 800m races with 200m to go.

Womens race.

LIA101.jpg

Mens race.

LIA102.jpg

should have waited for a different leg position from the men woman's is much better.

They don't want to seem to load up for me.....

Ahh, now I see em. I see what Chris means about the mens photo (It looks like they have their legs chopped at the knee)(y)

Last edited:
Both are good images that show the dynamics of the athletes. Would be interesting to know the ISO, F stop and shutter speed used. Also if predictive focus (A1Servo) was used.

Thanks for the comments.

#1 was 1/1000s at f/5.6, ISO 250

#2 was 1/1600s at f/5.6, ISO 200

AI Servo on both

should have waited for a different leg position from the men woman's is much better.

Not sure waiting works... just shoot on continious mode and you'll get few good ones from the series.
Would need some lightning reactions to press the shutter at the right moment.

Good shots both, have you cropped the right side yourself so that the last runner is in 'half'...

Like the women's race more, it's more compact and therefore works better for me!

Excellent shots.
No 1 looks brill.
As said the leg in No 2 lets it down a little.

Good effort on both. Tempted to say the women look better but they should :LOL: I see what is meant regarding the men's leg position but not sure if this could have been avoided.

Both are good images that show the dynamics of the athletes. Would be interesting to know the ISO, F stop and shutter speed used. Also if predictive focus (A1Servo) was used.
All the EXIF is intact. Add Exif viewer to your armoury. (y)

Back