24-105mm from this sellar?

Looks like the lens will probably be a US import going by the seller's address info. Reading the feedback does show some unhappy customers, they're definitely in a small minority but that doesn't help if you run in to problems. In the unlikely even you needed warranty work done on the lens then you'd have to deal with the seller rather than Canon UK.

It's a good price and given the delivery time indicated for express delivery of Tues / Wed then it does seem like the lens is already in the UK, like the location states. You pay your money / make your choice / take the chance, but from what I can see it's a good deal.

Thanks for that, didn't noticed the US address. Think am going to ask them if it is a grey import and who the warranty is with, Canon or themselves (which will no doubt be useless) but at the moment way I see it is, even if warranty is not covered by Canon, it's near enough the same price for a new one from them, than it is for a used one. With a possibility one that I buy won't have any warranty left anyway.

Thanks for that, didn't noticed the US address. Think am going to ask them if it is a grey import and who the warranty is with, Canon or themselves (which will no doubt be useless) but at the moment way I see it is, even if warranty is not covered by Canon, it's near enough the same price for a new one from them, than it is for a used one. With a possibility one that I buy won't have any warranty left anyway.

I'm not 100%, but I think if you buy from e-bay, Canon won't offer warranty on it - from there last cashback offer, any item bought from e-bay or Amazon market place (even those ful filed by Amazon) are not eligible for cashback...

But as you say, it's near the price of a used one, without warranty anyway...

Ok, cheers for the info.
I'll send them a message, see what they say.

But am leaning towards it tbh, 30 odd quid more for a new one.

But am leaning towards it tbh, 30 odd quid more for a new one
Where can you buy a NEW Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L for £430.00?

There are only three ways a supplier can sell at that price:
1. the item is a fake
2. it's an illegal import
3. the supplier is making a loss on the sale

Take your pick. Given the supplier's casual disregard of the niceties of the UK Distance Selling Regulations, my money is on 2.

Thanks for that Stewart.

I've sent them a message with some questions, grey import/warranty etc, so will see if they answer.

Got a reply.

'Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Warranty for 5 years is through us only, no registration needed.

Kind Regards,
Ethan
Getitdigital - UK'

The no registration part would suggest it's a grey import?

It's an import as thought.

It still seems very cheap - HDEW and Kerso (flashcamera) are approx £100 more and they're imports. I think Kerso imports from the US.

I suppose you pays your money and takes your chance.

I wouldn't worry about imports, and there is nothing "illegal" about a grey import per se as per Stuarts post.

The lens comes out of the same factory from the same production line. The only difference is the UK warranty doesn't apply.

The seller provides their own (each seller / retailer will obviously have their own level of customer service) but I've yet to have to return a lens, let alone a Canon L.

... there is nothing "illegal" about a grey import per se as per Stuarts post.
What I said was that, assuming it's not a fake and the seller isn't selling at a loss, it must be an illegal import. Not a grey import. (Though it is that as well.)

Grey imports are legal if you pay import duty and VAT. But then you wouldn't have an earthly chance of being able to sell as cheaply as this. The only way to do that is to smuggle the item in and thereby evade paying the taxes, which is illegal.

Back